One 12" W6 or 2 12"w3

Username: E_cacho

Post Number: 1
im havin a hard time deciding on weather to get 2 12"W3s or one 12"w6 considering both options are about the same price. im more concerned with quality of sound.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2387
Get 1 12w6v2 if your concerned about Sound Quality and put it in a sealed box. That should sound very nice.

2 12w3v2's whould be very nice also.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1741
Thats an unfair contest as a w3 = 300wrms x 2 = 600wrms

a single JL Audio 12W6v2 = 400wrms

a 200wrms advantage ,+ more cone area & a 3bd gain the 2 w3s would have . So i would pick the 2 w3 instead & personally i like 2 subs set-ups more .......

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 235
ya i would also recommend the 2 w3's i have 3 and i love them. they sound very good

Rovin, i agree w/ you i also like 2 sub setups more

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2427
If you can put your 2 12w3v2's in a ported enclosure like the HO jl boxes that whould be your best bet. I had 2 12w3v2's back in 2002 in that JL HO box and it sounded amazing. That whould be better then 1 12w6v2.

Now i have 2 12w6v2's and its my favorite setup of all time as far as SQ is concerned.

Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 7
MO what kind of box do you have that W6 in? Those subs look amazing in print I need to go to the local shop and check them out in person.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 955
definatly gowith a ported box for whatever setup you chose and tune it around 28-30hz. that will sound amazing

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2433
Brian i have my 12w6v2's in the JL prowedge box sealed. Its my favorite SQ setup. They sound better sealed and louder ported.

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 19
I'm facing the sealed ported dilema right now actually. My question is that since a sealed box makes the most distortion at the subs resonance, and the most cone travel, wouldn't it be best to use a very low tuned ported box to reduce distortion at the tuning? I have experience with ported boxes but they've always been tuned to maximize the subs natural resonance, I'm currently working on my first SQ install and I want to do this thing right. My subs are 10in 8ohm Bostwick HD Pro's (X3) which are AMAZING subwoofers and I have a Soundstream Van Gogh 600.2 to run them. I'm wanting to know if making a ported box tuned that low is going to give me anomalies in frequency response up high that Win ISD isn't showing me? I plan on using these subs from around 90hz down to around 27hz (subsonically cut) maybe lower if I can get away with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us