Question about 4 12's set up

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 240
I have 2 12" diamonds and 2 12" alpines. The diamonds are in a sealed box and hit hard, but they sound nothing like the alpines that are in a ported box and don't hit hard but sound beautiful. What would happen if i tried to run both of them together in the same trunk... in there seperate boxs, with there seperate amps powering them?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1420
prolly get cancelation and a bad mix of sounds...

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 241
you think.. i dunno i might just run them on switches so i can listen to one or the other depending on the song and music.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1733
i wouldn't do 2 prs either cause no matter how u set it up u can never get the smooth response of 4 of either of the same model .

Also since its Diamond ,its either D3 = 400wrms or D6 = 600wrms & type Rs = 500wrms so thats also a mismatch based on if all subs are current models ...

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 360
Huh?

The Diamond Audio subs are in a sealed enclosure and hit hard, but don't sound good? The Alpine subs are in a vented enclosure and don't hit hard, but they sound better? I don't get it?????

What amps are you using for each pair? What is the volume of your enclosures for each pair?

Rovin, don't forget the D9s....

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 242
yeah i had the alpines first and a friend gave me the diamonds because he didn't want them anymore. The diamonds are powered by a diamond amp, they were matched up at the place they were bought and installed... the alpines are run by a mtx thunder 801d. I like the smooth sound of the alpines and the sound quailty, but i also like the spl of the diamonds. I could just put them on a switch so only one would be on at a time.

Silver Member

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 243
bump

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 316
what exactly are you asking? It seems like you've already made up your mind. The simple answer to this question is obviously not to do it. It seems like you're pretty set on doing things your way though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us