Next project!

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 600
Ok, I think around christmas I might just try this ( I am gonna keep my 2 RE12's sealed for my main daily subs). How would it sound to build like a 4 or 5 cubic foot box tuned to about 28-30hz and stick 1 15" avalanche in there powered by my Kicker 450.2 amp. Would the avalanche do find with 500rms or would there be another sub that would do better? My goal is to get AS LOUD AND AS DEEP AS POSSIBLE with 500rms. Any suggestions? I would make the box myself and possibly sell it after a couple months.

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
Or how about would 1 15" Type R or CVR? I am looking for the loudest/deepest sound. 1 15" probably that plays good with 500rms. Trying to stay under 200$.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 570
a kicker cvr would do nicely and they can get pretty loud, i've seen a single cvr12 in a sql box 2.5cf ported to 32hz hit 135db, so a 15 in a 4 or 5 cf box tuned to 30hz would probaly be close to 140.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 283
Hey Chris, i know the feeling when it comes to constantly wanting to try new things with still using some of your equipment. I have a Zapco 500.1 and i never want to get a different amp, nor upgrade my alt. As far as what to get with 500 watts of use i am personally looking at a Soundsplinter RL-p. I was also looking at an Ava, but i think that 500 would be underpowering it a little too much. I remember reading a reveiw someone did with using 500 watts on both a RL-p and a RE XXX, and the RL-p won in all tests. With 1000 watts, the XXX would have easily won however. Don't know if this helps, but i figured iw ould share with ya. You can get an RL-p in the 200's.

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
Thanks guys. Hey chris, how are you liking your RE's still? I don't want to say something is turning me off about them because they are punchy and get loud and deep and have good SQ but I am debating sending them back to get new ones since mine are leaking air around the surround. I don't know if they were sitting somewhere at the dealer too long or something but the glue just started coming off. Anyway, that might be the majority of the problem. That and my damn car rattling. Just let me know how you are liking them.

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 40
Chris

If you put a single 15" Avalanche in a big portedx box (5 ft^3 or so) I think 500w would be fine. IT'S REALLY efficient. It doesnt take a lot of power to get it moving. When I ordered mine, I talked with Chad a lot about it, power and stuff. He told me that it will reach full excursion with a lot less than the RMS. And if you put it in a bigger ported box, it takes even less power. IT's really loud, and seems to go down forever. below 30hz on it is simply amazing. the only way to describe it is it makes you feel like your head is going to explode. It's awesome.

Do you have an Avalanche?

Silver Member

Post Number: 603
No I don't, towards the end of the year I will be looking at buying one or some other type.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
I love my RE12's, i have never had a single problem with them, no air leaks or anything like that. I have got to the point after only 2 setups that i prefer the RE12's to one 15" TDX properly powered(sold the sub to a friend who got a different amp). It had good SQ and all, but when listening to music, it didnt sound as good as the RE12's. It could get really loud with music and all, but to listen to music accurately, it had to be adjusted to play much lower then it possibly can.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
I hope that that made some sense to you all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 604
ya it did lol. Took some decoding but I got it. I am going to try to send them back. I think that is the main problem. What size box do you have those in? Mine are in a 1.25 cubic feet per chamber box.

And would that 1 Avalanche ported with 500rms have pretty loud ground shaking bass? Like something that could be FELT in other cars around me if I wanted it to?

Bronze Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 41
well Chris, AA is coming out with some new subs soon. You chould look into them. They are all about high output without the need for a lot of power (not to mention, great SQ). you should be able to get something good from them for $200 that only needs 500w RMS

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
I bought my boxes off of ebay. They were inexpensive and 1 cubic foot, which is what was recommended for a sealed enclosure on their website for the RE12.

Silver Member

Post Number: 605
could I literally shake the ground with 500rms to an ava?

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
bump

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 152
what kind of car or truck or what

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
mitsubishi lancer, small car

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 159
well ive seen someone that had no joke this setup and it hit harder than i ever expected, could feel it in cars next to you, set off alarms when driving by, and if he pulled up in front of my house, in the hall way my picture frames were moving a lil like you can see them move with the bass
he had 2 12" illumilite dual brand subs 750 watts max
and a old school punch 500 two channel from fosgate, it put out 500 watts rms at 4 ohm max bridged
and this was in a 1990 toyota camry in a bandpass box in the trunk
so yes 500 watts rms done right can kick some serious ace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us