Upgrading to Better System

Username: Bumpnthump05

US

Post Number: 4
I currently have 2 12" JL Audio W0's and 2 12" Alpine Type E's and running that off of a Profile California 600 watt mono amp and want to know what would be a really good and LOUD upgrade for a 1992 Ford F-150 Extended Cab truck
LOOKING TO NOT SPEND AN ARM AND A LEG!!! RECOMDATIONS APPRECIATED!

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 87
what are the specs on that amp? Are you saying that you have the 2 JL and the 2 Alpine all running off that one amp??? I could be wrong but you may need a MUCH bigger amp to power all 4 subs. And there you have it, the LOUD upgrad. Just power everything correctly and it should be plenty loud.

Username: Bumpnthump05

US

Post Number: 6
No I know ALOT about car audio i dont need a bigger amp trust me im almost overpowering them i need something with a larger excursion because i want more pressure in the cab of my truck i need bigger subs the ones im running are just base models for each company like i said before

Bronze Member
Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 37
you think you can run 4 subs off of a 600 watt amp? wow

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1786
without u posting the amp specs , no1 can reply with any suggestions .......

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 12
Those California amps are weak, I've known several people who had them. I say sell a pair of your subs and that amp, then buy a good amp get a nice vented box for the other subs. If your amp is crap and being overdriven, or if your boxes are leaky your subs will over excurt and sound like @ss doing it. Overall recommendation keep the JL W0's if they're in good shape, sell other equipment, buy a GOOD amp off eBay (older Punch 500, Kicker 500.2, Soundstream Van Gogh VGA600.2) and tell us how that sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us