What should i tune the port to

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 564
Ok i might be getting a shocker extreme 12, this sub will be going in a ported box, this will be my SPL setup not the daily driver,like when i want to show off how loud one 12 can get, i was thinking about tuning the port to 40hz, i'd like to have some sq but also have it so its very loud. so would 40hz work or should i tune higher to make it louder, ohh and does any1 know the reasonce frequency[srry spelling sucks] of a jeep chereoke.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 566
any1

Silver Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 107
hmmm dang 40 hz is high tuning =)... but ull get spl if u tune it that high... i wouldnt tune higher ... i think itll sound like $h!t if its higher... 40 is still high... my box is tuned to 34 and it still gets loud... ur prefrence ... oh i think they said on the forum not to go below the subs FS... so yea watch it PCE

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 567
ya i know all about high tuned boxes sounding like azz, cause my box for my c12's is tuned to 37hz and it gets loud as he11 [127db legal on TL] thats pretty good for kicker comp's, but they sound like sh!t and bottom out very easy.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1160
40hz is a good general tune. but yes it would be a good idea to find the resonance frequency of ur car. i think then you tune just below that frequency anbd burhe frequency of the car.... not sure. glass, jon, zacdavis, they'd all know. just as a note, DD suggests 40hz tune for all their woofers so must be a pretty decent tune for high SPL levels.

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 569
well does any1 know how to find out the resonance frequency of a jeep chereoke,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us