Diamond D612 vs JL 12w6

Bronze Member
Username: Pjrage

Post Number: 14
I'm looking for a sub that will take about 400-600WRMS, and give me the best sound quality. I have heard that the JL w6 series was designed for SQ, and that it has good SQ.

Someone else suggested the Diamond D6 series for my power and sound quality needs.

How do the JL and Diamond subs compare?

Are there any other companies out there that I should look at, that are on par, or better than JL/Diamond? Also, the price range is ~ $400 market price (ebay).

Bronze Member
Username: Pjrage

Post Number: 15
No one has used these subs? Or has any idea what a good sound quality sub would be for the power and price range?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1697
Guess not ...

If u can afford that JL - why not get that . It has a reputation of being 1 of the best subs around . there's also the IDmax 12" which is reported to be very close to JL @ almost 1/2 the price ....

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2364
I own 2 JL 12w6v2's in the custom jl prowedge box and have not heard a subwoofer that sounds as good since. Best SQ ive ever heard and gets reasonably loud in that sealed box and low enough for my needs. The 12w3v2's is also another worthy sub when it comes to SQ so i whould check it out also. Look into IDQ 12 by Image Dynamics. That is also very SQ oriented and can get low.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us