Muddy, how are the DD subs?

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 232
i saw your install pics and you have DD. How are they?...are they better than RE for SPL? alot of guys at the comp I went to used DD and I've never really heard them...looking for 2 12"s 1000rms each @ 2 ohms thanks

thanks!

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 233
.....how are they?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1147
i'll help you out, Muuddy loves his DD sub. DD is a great SPL sub in the 9500 and 9900 series. the 9500s are 1200wrms so thats about what your looking for. however, the 3500 series also get really loud and have a little better SQ and they are rated for 1000wrms. i dont know if price is a factor in this but if so look into audioque (www.audioque.com) at their HD series. this is owned by the father of the owner of DD. another great SPL sub which is rated at 1000wrms (its basically the 9500 DD) those are like 359 for the 12 whereas the 9500 is like 750 or something. if i were you, and i was going for a daily system i would get DD 3500s, unless that is too much money, then i would go with audioque HDs. if you want to be as loud as can be, 9500 form DD. or if your crazy put the 2000wrms into (1) 9917 :-)

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 236
IS the DD better than the RE SX for SPl and SQ?
I am looking for a daily driver set up and how much are the DD 3500? As I am gearing towards SPL more than SQ....and Resx are lke 400 Canadian I can handle that...over a GRAND Canadian for one 12"....heck no!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1148
io dont know the american canadion conversion but, go to www.ddaudio.com and click products i think and there will eb a tab belows "prices" there you go. i would assume a 3500 would be louder than a SX. its quite expensive though. hey u might want to try audique. ive been dieing to hear about how they perform.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2551
DD's are excellent subs. they have Extreme build quality. of you are looking for Daily driving with a lot of bass, i would go for the 3500 series. they aren't cheap though. lol

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 238
So will the 3500 DD 12" beat a RE sx 12" for SPL??....given both are powered adiquitally, in the same car, with boxes built to specs??

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 239
it says its 1000 rms and 1600 MUSIC....and 3200 peak...whats the deal??

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=3500d

Silver Member

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 241
So will the 3500 DD 12" beat a RE sx 12" for SPL??....given both are powered adiquitally, in the same car, with boxes built to specs??

it says its 1000 rms and 1600 MUSIC....and 3200 peak...whats the deal??

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/woofers.asp?series=3500d
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us