Important question....Issac or Glasswolf?

Unregistered guest
alrighty this saturday i hope to get everything installed, if it doesn't rain. I have posted here many times before and i wanna post one last time and ask a question before install. I am running 4awg from my battery to the dis block. From the dis block it slips into 2 8awg, but also has 2 more inputs for 4 awg. If I wan to hook up two amps and a cap how should i split it. Can I run 4awg to the cap from the dis block and then 8 to each amp? Let me know and hopefully i don't have to buy anymore matterials. I am then going to run one set of rcas from the headunit to the first amp. Then from the outputs of the first amp i will run a second pair of rcas to the second amp. Let me know if this all sounds right. Ohhh and another question is about the remote turn on (small blue wire) can i split that and run it to each amp or what?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4886
What you described above should work.
For the cap, go from d block to cap and from there to the amp. Keep the wires to 12" or less. In otherwords, the cap has to be very close to the amp.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
So go from the d block to the cap and then from the cap to the amps? or do I run 8 awg to both amos and the cap?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4900
No you go from the d block to cap, and cap to amp (keep this wire 12" or less).

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
so the d block splits into two 8awg from one 4awg. Out of the one run 8awg to the cap and then from the cap to the first amp. For the other amp just run the 8awg right from the d block.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4901
Correct. If both amps are used to power subs, then each should have it's own cap.

97BuickSklark
Unregistered guest
ohh okay so i just i need another cap

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
are caps really that important because i really don't feel like buying another one. don't really have the money. will they help me in the long run or what?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us