$500, Need Budget System!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 63
Hello guys, I need another system. I just got a car and need something right now. I am going to college and my budget is very tight. I only plan on having this system until I can afford something extreme. The only thing that this $500 is counting for is the Amp and Sub. I would prefer 1 12" sub. Any help from anyone (oh yeah, I'm from Canada so try to keep things from e-bay if you can) and thanks in advanced for all your help!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4874
Are you looking for SPL or SQ?
Where in Canada are you located?

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 64
SPL and I'm in Newfoundland. The ol' rock in the sea, lol.

IOWA HAWKEYES
Unregistered guest
hmm if you want just spl KICKER L7 would be good for SPL, and as far as an amp just look for anything that has enough watts to power it(i think around 750 or somthin) and make sure you keep to the middle of the road to higher end amps(MTX/KICKER/RF/Xtant/Zapco/theres more i just can't think right now)

also on a tightttt budget(if that 500 includes box/install/wire all that) you might want to install yourself and look at HIFONICS amps

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 68
that 500 doesn't include the box and the wires. I have a bit additional money for that put aside. I will do the install myself since I already done it in other cars. I just need an amp and a sub.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4881
Take a look at RE 12" MT or SX. I got my 15" MT for $305 US, so 12" should be less.
I wouldn't recommend Hifonics amps unless you're getting the Kicker L7 crap.
Take a look at JBL/MTX/Xtant/RF. JBL and Xtant are probably 2 brands where you will get great deals on eBay.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 70
I was looking at the RF P5002 that will give me 683 Watts RMS @ 4ohms bridged (benched tested) but I am having a very hard problem finding a sub in the 200 price range that will work with that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 658
type r

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 72
enough said. Thanks chauncey!

Bronze Member
Username: Carolinablue637

Lincoln, NE USA

Post Number: 19
you cant go wrong with type r's. just make sure you port the box because there is such a dramatic difference with those subs ported.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us