Whats wrong with my amp?

J A K E
Unregistered guest
I have a amp that my friend gave me its a RF punch 500s 2channel amp and it turns on and everything but you cant hear nothing not even a huuuuum or nothing My friend thinks is one of those little square things that go on the side of the amp and like one or two of them look kinda burned.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1617
u mean the fuse ?

not even the amp's light coming on ?

J A K E
Unregistered guest
lol I mean inside the amp in the sides theres like 6 little square things and on the other side also Like i said the amp turns on like if everything was fine but you just cant hear nothing no bass. I know its not my rca's, ground ect..... It has something to do with my amp inside cause like two of those square things look burnt.
heres what it kinda looks like
l---1
1 1
1---1
lol i dont know if you can even see what it is but i was gonna use paint but couldnt get it to upload. Or if anyone could find a picture of an amp that show the inner workings so i can explain it better please post it Thank you.

Username: Unicars

Guangzhou, Guangdong China

Post Number: 2
I am not quite clear what kind of picture you want? Here i have two for your reference(2-channel). Hope it can help you.

Username: Unicars

Guangzhou, Guangdong China

Post Number: 3
oh, sorry ,it doesn't work. too big.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 84
I found one right here are you talking about the square things by the top of the amp that are being held up by that piece of metal that has two screws on it. I dont know how to fix amps but im pretty sure those are the square things you are talkings about.
Upload

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 51
Lol
He burnt his transitors out!
They are normally screwed into the chasis near the heat sinks or fans.

Most common problem. Lack of current caused overheating!
It will have to be sent off to get fixed shouldnt be too much money...

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 52
Also if he ran it bellow its ohm rate that could happen too.

J A K E
Unregistered guest
Yeah thanks for that pic Julian those are the things i was talking about Theres a local shop here ill go check and get a quote it shouldnt be more than like 60 dollars right? But is that what happens when transistors burnt out the amp turns on but cant hear nothing.

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 56
Transistor control the power part of the circuit, and also the audio part of the circuit. Ever heard of Mosfet in your HU? Yeah, 60$ is typical. Depending on what else in damaged. Hell the part is like 4$
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us