Sub Moves All Over the trunk

Username: Blissdon

Post Number: 2
Any ideas about keeping a 12 inch Q-Logic ported box with a T112D2 from moving all over the trunk without bolting it down? Thanks in advance for the input.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Post Number: 24
rope?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 242
why don't you want to bolt it down ? just a thought but i don't think many insurance companies will reimburse items that are not "part of the car".

Post Number: 3
Thanks. Rope is, believe me, a last resort. Problem is the amp was pro installed on roof of the (small) trunk. Bolting the sub will make the amp inaccessable. Guess I'll have to invent something...

Bronze Member
Username: Carolinablue637

Lincoln, NE USA

Post Number: 11
If you bolt it in and you need to get to your amp cant u just...unbolt it?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 342
if your sub was as heavy as mine it wouldnt move around:-)....anyways just bolt the box down ull be alright

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 281
yea bolt it down so that way it wont be stolen as well ... i wish i bolted all my stuff down just my 2 cents

Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 2
I temporarily put my sub on a 'platform' of mdf and just put some wood trim around the exterior of the base of the box...a frame you could say. Regardless, getting it bolted down would be the best way in the long run

Post Number: 4
Thanks, everyone, for the input. I like the "platform" idea. I might use it to bolt the sub onto.

Username: Jarvocop

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 5
I also thought u might like to know, that i don't have my sub bolted down..but it is behind plexi glass, and you are unable to pull out the whole entire structure ( i could probably get a picture for you if you need it) because it's hard to explain how it is setup right now and how its impossible to get my amp and sub out of my trunk unless you have the jaws of life.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1693
everybody likes to see pics - so go ahead & post it ...Upload

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 113
Velcro or Duct Tape it to the damn floor lol.

jcash
Unregistered guest
even if you bolt it down they could still steal the subwoofers all you have to do is unscrew them.

Username: Afripino

Post Number: 6
that's why you strip the screws after install.

Post Number: 5
Thanks, everyone, for the input. We just picked up some slick plywood and matching trunk material. Big family project coming up. I'll try sending pics when we're finished (spring '06?)

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1183
Rope? Nah, bailing twin is the best (hold bails of hay/straw together).

And get it bolted down. That box can come through the back seat and mess you up in a collision...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us