What the heck is up with this?

Bronze Member
Username: Rkjones84

Post Number: 18
ok, i got a kenwood kac 8152d amp, and i have it hooked up to two kicker comp vr 10's and they have been fine for about a week. I hooked up the amp about a week ago real sloppy, so today i decided i was gonna make everything neat and trim wire etc. and now the amp won't come back on. I don't under stand everything is hooked up perfectly with the correct voltages across remote and power. I also took a test light and checked power and remote. I took the test light messing around and hooked it from ground to - speaker terminal and it made the amp come on. I wonder what is up with that.? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2047
Where is it grounded?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
on a seat bolt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
ok so i went out and ran a 8 gauge wire from ground on the amp to the - on the battery to make sure that i had a good ground and still nothing...yet still when i hook my test light from ground on the amp to the - speaker terminal it turns on..its got the best of me i don't have a clue...could i have a short in the remote wire so it doesnt have 12 volts or sometthing

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
or is there an open between ground and power so when i hook up the test light to the - speaker terminal i makes a ground
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us