LEGACY----Glasswolf or Issac?

Anonymous

Alrighty from what I have heard Legacy is not a good company. I recently recieved a LA1080 with 2000 watts and everyone says that it sucks and will never be able the 1000 watt rms i need. Is this true?

Anonymous

I currently have(2)10" Thunder 4500 T4510-04 Subs with 225 watts rms on a single 4 ohm and (1)12" Thunder 4500 T4512-04 Sub with 225 watts rms on a single 4 ohm. Both have 450 peak power. The amp is a Legacy LA1080 with:
4 x 75 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms
4 x 25 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms
4 x 500 Watts Max Output
2 x 1000 Watts Bridge Mode
Soft Turn On/Off Circuit, Variable Gain Control, Hi/Low Level Inputs, Fully Adjustable Electronic, Cross Over Network, 2 Ohm Stereo StableBridgeable Into 4 Ohms, MOSFET PWM Power Supplies, Frequency Response:10-30 kHz, Power Supply Voltage:14.4 VDC/NRG GD (10.5-16V), Maximum Current Draw:50A

*Please let me know if this will work and how I may go about hooking it up. I am planning on using 4awg.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 211
there is no way this amp will put out 1000 wrms. legacy is garbage plus looking at the specs this thing says it's a 4 channel 500 watt amp. don't look at the max output. just look at rms watts. so, crappy company = overrated. now overrated + 500 wrms = much less than 500 wrms. that being said, this amp will not even meet have the 1000 wrms that you say you need........sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 212
i see you were typing while i was typing, lol. also, you put
4 x 25 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms
when you meant to put
4 x 125 Watts RMS @ 2 Ohms

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 321
Legacy isnt bad but its not great what so ever. Even lanzar a questionable ranked manufacturer isnt even great and its all up to you if your going to tell some one what you have then legacy isnt the way to go but if it sounds great and your only going to use your system to let people hear it which youl get asked what you have in there when you say legeacy people be like ummm. That amp isnt all that great bro no way your getting 1000rms you should for fact get it checked at the amp output to get your forshore answer. Its probably more like 650RMS or so.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4851
That legacy amp is 300w rms tops. They like to follow Sony/Pyramid when it comes to advertising.
Anyhow, Legacy/Lanzar/Pyramid/Pyle/Sony/Boss are all low quality amp manufacturers that do not care about anything printed on the ads. If you're lucky, you might have some of their old amps made in the 1980's or 90's. Anything now is not worth your time&money.
If you read one of the posts here, you'll see that 50A fuse can not and will not give 1000w. Not mathematically possible.

Anonymous

So if I was to use this amp, how in fact would i hook up the subs, all three. Just hook each sub into a different channel? I may also be able to get my friend to give the amp back. He(just like me) doesn't know that much about car audio and maybe i could make up a good lie.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4856
If your subs are 4ohms SVC, then bridge the amp into 2 channels first. Then hook up each sub to it. Leave out the 3rd sub till you have a better amp.

Anonymous

Yeah well I am going to do my best to get back the second amp. I will say I need a different amp kit for the legacy and don't feel like buying it, maybe even give him some money for my stupidity. So, when i get the amp back and hook up both. Should I run two sets of rcas from my headunit, since it has 3 pre-amp outputs or run a small piece of rca from the one amps output to the others input. Which would sound better? Thanks for all of the information by the way. Maybe next time I will ask here first before I buy!

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 353
CarAudio, Legacy is bad, period. I've owned some of their junk products in the past. They are just as pathetic as Pyramid. When you can go to a stereo expo and buy "1200w" amps for $75.00, then you automatically know it's junk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4858
If you have 3 sets of rcas, it means you have one for the front, rear, and subs.
You can run 2 sets of rcas or if the amp has pass-thru rcas, then use that to go from one amp to the next.

Anonymous

when you say pass-thru does that mean rca inputs and outputs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4863
The output rcas on the amp.

97BuickSkylark
Unregistered guest
will both ways sound the same, because if so it is easier just to connect the two amps

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1168
If lightning strikes, it's NOT raining, you have a flat front right tire, you right blinker is on, your parking lights are on, you're in Alaska, and it's Tuesday, you MIGHT get the advertised wattage...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4867
Yes it'll sound the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us