KICKER COMPVR 10'S

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 22
i am thinking about getting 2 10 inch kicker comp vr's and they are 300 watts RMS each and 600 peak. with my amp bridged it would produce 800 watts, and i was wondering if i put 400 watts into each sub, would that be putting too much power into them??/ i dont know how well the kickers can hold up...

i have an audiobahn A8002T amp which is a pretty good amp that can hold power right????/

it cooling fans etc, but i dont know much about the protection period that amps go into after a while, would my amp do that??

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 214
that would work out perfectly actually. it's ok to over power your subs a little and the compvr is a pretty well built sub so it won't have any problems w/ the extra power. just don't turn up the gains completely up on your amp and make sure you match up the ohms correctly and get the full rms out of the amp.

Bronze Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 27
thanks... i heard that audiobahn amps are pretty well made too

Bronze Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 28
would the 2 10 inch comp vr's be loud? and have good bass???/

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 216
ya they would sound pretty good. they are 10's so they're not gonna be insanely loud but should be decent in spl. they won't be as deep as 12's or 15's but will definately sound good. 10's will produce any fq you give them basically it's just w/ the 12's and 15's they have a little beefier sound and feeling when they go deep. but 800 watts goin to those 10's will sound really good.

Bronze Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 35
what about 2 of the 12's because those are 400 watts RMS and that woud be putting 400 watts into each sub.

comp vr 12 is 400 watts RMS...

what would be a good box to get for 12 inch vr's?

Bronze Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 36
i dont know if i should get sealed or ported...

do you have any suggestions on the 12 inch vr's??

what might be a good box

Silver Member

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 218
w/ 12's you could go sealed or ported. i personally like sealed boxes better than ported. w/ sealed you get a little better sound quality and you get the full range of the subwoofer. w/ ported boxes you have to tune the box to a certain fq that cuts off at that fq so below a certain pitch it will not sound. ported boxes are louder than sealed boxes. it all depends on your prefernce and what you want. the 12's will be plenty loud for you. so if you want straight spl and want the subs to be as loud as possible than go ported but if you want them to have a little better sound quality and get just about as loud then go sealed.

Bronze Member

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 39
what are some good sealed boxes or ported???

Username: Mateo

Post Number: 4
build then your self

IOWA HAWKEYES
Unregistered guest
i would go ported, if built correctly you don't loose the SQ and still are getting more spl then a sealed box, i kno kicker makes a custom box for those subs and it looks really nice

look into it

Harryc8786
Unregistered guest
Theres a bunch of ways you can go. My friend had 2 10' cvr's in a dual slotported box and hit a 141.2 on a termlabs meter in his 03' stang. He was powering them with an audiobahn 1400.1 ir somehting around that power range The amp was a beast, I duno how the subs held out but he then upgraded to 10'l7 and they were painfully loud. I had a 15' L7 and prefer sealed, with a 15 in the big sealed box powered by a kicker kx 1200.1 running 1420watts rms I hit a 140.9 on the same meter. Not bad for a sealed box sub.... Now I have 2 12'L7's in a sealed (still breaking them in) my old car was totalled so I got a sebring which wont fit the 15. The 12's sound alright but man I would reccomend that 15' L7 to anyone who can fit it in a big box in their trunk. That thing went LOW! and it was loud. My fav sub....We'll see how these 12' L7's work out when I up my power after they break in...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us