Jl audio policy on refurbs..will they fix my amp

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksbutg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 114
my friend had a jl audio 300/4 amp that he was going to give me. HE tested it and said it was smoking... he threw it away i said i would take it anyway.....I want to get it sent off to get it fixed....BUt the bottom of the amp is rough its rusted, the inside of the amp looks good to me.

BUt it sure is heavy for being so small

will the fix it

alpine fixed my hu for 95 no matter whats wrong with it

bigyellowtaxi
Unregistered guest
hahahahahahaha............

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 343
They'll fix it. But it'll cost ya, yep. If it's really smoking...might cost you quite a bit.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4953
Rusted? What in the hell did he do to it? They'll fix it for a price, if he abused it the price will likely be pretty high.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 65
Best thing is call JL,find out if they will fix it, they are pretty strict on things .jlaudio.com for #

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 175
not really so strict about it.....they are pretty fair i guess..i returned a set of Tr components that were 2 months out of warrenty and they fixed them free. just make sure you send it off in the original box and they will charge a repair fee which i think is around 150 bucks! but you also have to pay shipping to get it their florida plant!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 686
you said the inside of the amp looked fine...you shouldn't have taken it apart. If they notice that you've messed with the circuitry, they likely won't fix it under warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 325
i dont know bro get a lil cloth and get wipping get some clr or somthign and get rid of the rust you have to make it look presentable and make shore everything is the way it is when it was bought for shore. Call them if you do end up paying 150 or 200 buy a new amp bro. Get a nice 1000 watt amp for about 150 throw in another 150 (some of the shipping) and kicker it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
big yellow taxi what the world, do you know me or something i dont have the box or nothing he told me he was working at a junkyard and range rover came in with that amp and two w8 that was locked solid. i know he opened it up to check the amp out. i hope it can get fixed.

Car audio what are you taliking about 1000watt amp huh about taking it apart the warranty is probably gone, the alpine hu i had been ripped all apart takin' out the car like someone stole and i took it apart too the fixed it still no problem

as for the circut i didnt take the amp apart like all i did was take the panel off and looked at it

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
i still wanna what the big yellow taxi was about
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us