Funny story....

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 72
Okay, some of you probably remember me. Ive been on here for the past month or so trying to find what sub i wanna get to replace my 10" alpine type-x. I also wanted to keep my current amp, my kicker kx600.1. Well in the past month i pretty much narrowed my search down to the IDMAX 12". The only place i could even find one was on sounddomain, which is on factory backorder. If i didn't want to wait the 4 weeks for it to come in, i also found it on woofersetc.com but with that i wouldn't get the warranty since their not an authorized dealer. So i actually called image dynamics today to see if there were possibly any local retailers that weren't too far and maybe i could talk them into matching the sounddomain.com price. Well, they let me know that there was only a couple dealers in michigan, but one of them happened to be in royal oak, where i live. It turns out to be less than a minute from my house. I can basically see it from my roof. Im like "holy sh!t". So then, i go in and start talking to the guy. He shows me they only have one 12" left and it happens to be the dual 4 ohm one i need. Perfect. Then i ask him how much he wants for it, and he tells me 3 and a quarter. Again, im like "holy sh!t". this was less than i planned on paying sounddomain. I ended up buying it right there (about an hour ago) and now i just need to go have a box made. All this time it was right under my nose. I thought it was kinda funny....Muddy, ill tell you how it sounds when i get my box and hook everything up, since you said you planned on buying one sometime soon.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1465
here's a place that has idmax

http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogn o=IDMAX12D2

Josh CCS
Unregistered guest
Hey man I'm a MI man myself, I live in Utica. What is the name of this dealer and where exactly is he at?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3253
Lol, thats some luck!
My luck would of been, "no places with in 100 miles, and twice the price of sound domain.":-)
Hope you're happy with the sub... should sound good.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3919
Yeah, the name of the dealer and an address or something would be nice. I plan on trying out an ID MAX in the future, and it would be nice to get one from a local dealer. I'm up in the thumb, I can't for the life of me remember how far away Royal Oaks is.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1145
My dealer up here was selling Eclipse SW6123's for $50 a pop, warranty and all... I about sh1t myself.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
....nevermind....im pissed.....the sub's cone was frozen and they wont be able to get another one for weeks. i returned it and just got my money back. Oh, and josh and joe, its called royal radio sales, its on main street in royal oak. They only have one other IDMAX, and its a 10" dual 2 ohm, which does me no good.and like i said, They won't be getting more in for weeks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
and to rovin, its weird that that site says 1 year warranty, like it was an authorized dealer, but they made it pretty well know to me today on the phone, and on their website, that sounddomain.com is their ONLY online authorized retailer. i dont know...

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1476
Too bad there Rob - looks like they had a lemon sitting there ...lol

well 95% of online sites selling car audio online ARE NOT authorised dealers - they take it upon them selves to give replacements/refunds out of their own pockets since they know most ppl will not deliberately mess up what they bought with their hard earned $ .

I was going to get an IDmax or 2 IDQ 12s sub from them but changed my mind to 2 12s type R - but they have the lowest price & believe me i really searched all over ......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
that sounds logical...im still debating on what to get now...the ID retailer at the shop was talking to me and apparently this isn't that abnormal. He was saying how it was designed and how it is a really sensitive sub, also statng how easy it is for the IDMAX to get misaligned, even by kinda dropping the box in your car when installing it. i dont know if i want a sub that sensitive and fragile. Anyway, right now im looking at RE SE (12 or 15) RE SX (if they can do a dual 4 or dual 1 ohm) or maybe even a pair of eclipse aluminum 12's. i dont know....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us