Odd speaker idea...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 557
Ok, so I have a Pioneer Premier 470 HU (22rmsX4), 1 Kicker KX450.2 amplifier for my subs, 2 RE12's in a sealed box, and 4 Pioneer 3 way speakers. Most people said that without a seperate amplifier just 1 pair of components in the front wouldn't be enough. WHAT IF, I kept the 2 Pioneer 3 ways in the back and got a good pair of Components for the front. What difference would that make in SPL and SQ over just the coaxials? I like the sound of my GF's Mach 1 components in her Mustang.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 670
components > commercially available coaxials

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
would I notice a big SPL/SQ difference? Would it be bad having the components in the front and coaxials in the back?

Silver Member

Post Number: 559
And what type of components can be found on ebay for under something like $75? MTX, Kicker, Alpine? I might also be getting a job at Circuit city so I could get 50% off their stuff prolly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 560
What about these?

#1. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ALPINE-SPR-17LS-6-5-2-WAY-COMPONENT-SPEAKER-SYSTEM_W0QQi temZ5820418915QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#2.http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-Kicker-KS65-2-61-2-Component-Speakers-BRAND-NEW_W0QQite mZ5819704605QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

#3.http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-REFERENCE-6010cs-6-1-2-270W-COMPONENTS-PAIR_W0QQite mZ5820566184QQcategoryZ32819QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Basically, Alpine Type R components vs. Kicker 6.5" vs. Infinity Reference Components.

They are all the same price. Would they run ALRIGHT off of a HU? I might add an amp later but don't count on it. Which is the best quality and would I notice a major difference between them and my Coaxials?

Silver Member

Post Number: 561
I am really looking into the Type R. A lot of people like it. Would it be a MAJOR upgrade?

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 671
I do like the Alpine Type R components. They handle 50W RMS nicely and would sound great with a little amp. They'll be alright off the HU, however. They'd be much improved over pioneer 3-ways. SPL wise, don't count on gaining much if you'll still be using your HU's amp to drive them.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 672
As for running components up front and Coaxials in the back, thats what I have right now in my car (I think, its been so long since I've driven it.) I like that setup because when nobody is in the back, I can turn them off, but I still have the chance to let everyone hear full range music if I want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 562
thanks, any more inputs on running an Alpine Type R component for my front stage and 2 Pioneer 3 ways for my rear fill powered by a HU? Is that a pretty solid setup?

Anonymous

the difference from 3 way coaxals to components is hearing someone talk to you through a tweeter or hear them through a speaker that can wiggle

some telephones sound better then coaxals

find a two way speaker and cover the woofer then cover the tweeter.. thats the full body sound your lookin for

Silver Member

Post Number: 563
do Alpine Type R's still sound good JUST running off the HU?

Anonymous

you can hear the difference about 20 percent
but if you add an amp you get the xtra 80 percent

if the components are shitty in the first place you wont notice a difference with an amp.. youll just get more annoyed when you turn it up

with my components all i gained was better bass response after adding an amp.. but i basically slapped em on the door with duct tape
they have no kind of optimazation.. theres loose foam behind the speaker including door metal and theres no dynamat and ive got a great deal of outside leaking in

in a new sealed up car i can only let my mouth water thinking of my computer speakers in the car
theres so much outside noise im listening to loud breeze ( you know what im talking about when you blast the radio on the highway doin 52mph with the windows down )
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us