I need help wiring my AMP

Username: Kasmos_vxa

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I'm pretty new with installing car audio, so bare with me. I have 2 15"s with a 1200 watt Amp (HIFONICS Brutus MaxxSonics 1500 Watt D-Class). I have a wiring kit (which includes a power cable, ground wire, remote wire, fuse (which I have no idea if I need one or not) and an RCA cable. I can't seem to figure out how to get my radio deck out of my car because I drive a Lincoln and they have all this weird safety set-up crap which prevents me from taking it out. So far, I have a power wire running from the hood to the trunk (nothing is actually connected, it's just ready. I also took one of the speaker wires in my trunk, cut it, and spliced it with an RCA converter (my friend who's real good with stuff like that did it). So I think I can now hook the RCA cables to the box and connect it to my Amp. The main problem I am having is hooking up the remote wire, because like I said, I can't get behind my audio deck, and I'm not sure where else I can put it. I heard some people saying in the ignition wire, but I have no idea where to even start of if that works. If anyone can help me please let me know. And if I'm already hooking up stuff wrong already, let me know that too.

Thanks to anyone willing to help.

Mike

Post Number: 2
Ok, if it helps at all, I believe the wiring kit was an Audiobahn wiring kit (it was around $35, unfortunately my friend threw out the container it came in). My two speakers are 15" Rockaford Punch speakers. I believe they are 1000 watt peak and 500 watt RMS (I think that's the correct term). If you need to know any more information in order to help me out, let me know and I'll try to find what info you need.

Again, help is extremely appreciated.

Mike

Pat L
Unregistered guest
Mike,

I put a sub in my Chevy truck and i have my remote wire going into on of the two fuse boxes on the truck. There should be a chart telling you what fuses are what ( the chart should be with in the cover of the box), find the raido one and plug the remote in with the fuse, make sure the fuse is not one that has constant power- it will drain your batt.

Post Number: 3
Thanks bro, I'll give it a try. Is there anything special I need to get to connect the wire to the fuse? Or do I directly connect the actual wire right to the fuse.

Username: Brad_w

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, i have a Jensen 300 watt amp and i have no clue how to wire it up ...i got the speakers wired and the battery and ground but other than that i am clueless! Please help!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us