Which amp and subs to give the best "BOOM"

Username: Notorious

Bahamas

Post Number: 1
Which of the following combination of SUBS & AMPS can give me the best possible "BOOM" with a bit of SQ for daily riding. Wanna put them in a 2004 Ford Expedition.

Subs
2 Resonant Engineering MT Series 15" or 18"
or
2 Digital Designs 9515f 15"
or
2 Mmatts Juggernaut 15"

AMPS
Mmatts D3000.1
or
Orion 2500D
or
DD - Z1

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 338
Hmmm... Loubinz... Just curious, how many amps did you plan on using? A pair of MT 18" could use 4 Orion 2500D's... Hope you have one hell of an electrical system in your ride. :-)

I'd personally go with a pair of 18" MT's, and make your expedition into a two seater, making MASSIVE enclosures with lots of port space.

Bahamas

Post Number: 2
Oh, I wanted this for everyday driving - which would suit best. As for electrical and power supply, thats no problem, but I have to leave it as a 4 seater at least. I cant take out my third row seat - gat kids to shuttle. lol

Bahamas

Post Number: 3
I meant to say I CAN take my third row out.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1462
What u are asking about - do u know how freaking loud that'll actually be !...lol

Like it was said above - some $erious alt/electrical upgrade will be needed

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 129
lol i think this is funny....

have you ever had a system before Loubinz?
If you want boom and SQ go for the RE SX. Depending on your trunk space that maybe your best option.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 247
they have a expedition on sounddomain.com has 4x 18" mts with 2 RF 1500 rms amps hooked up to each sub (8 total amps) 2x 315A+ alternators an 1/0awg to each amp
(xxx mids and hi) (rainbow mid bass)

if you put 2x 18"s with 2 orions 2500 each ( i personally wouldnt i would be to scared to blow them cause they have no warranties) u have to post pics ... its manditory here =)
also u might want to look into a nice oxygen tank and mask .... just a though =) .. jk

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 296
"they have a expedition on sounddomain.com has 4x 18" mts with 2 RF 1500 rms amps hooked up to each sub (8 total amps) 2x 315A+ alternators an 1/0awg to each amp
(xxx mids and hi) (rainbow mid bass)"

That's Steve Meade's setup.

"if you put 2x 18"s with 2 orions 2500 each ( i personally wouldnt i would be to scared to blow them cause they have no warranties)"

If you're worrying about blowing woofers, you probably shouldn't be using an MT anyways.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1333
i hate to say this, but every now and again we get a post just like this on this forum...

"i wanna have to loudest system ever...money is no problem"...you guys know what i mean? (sorry if i sound like i'm being mean Loubinz)

the thing is, most people have no idea how loud a truly LOUD system is! once you get into the mid 140s, that is more than loud enough for a daily system...PERIOD! (well, unless you plan on competing)

the fact is, 9 times out of 10...i single well installed, well built 15" is louder than any system average joe has ever heard. every one is used to hearing some @$$ hole rolling down the street bumpin his solobaric 12's in his rattlin' @$$ trunk.

every competition i go to, there is some local no-it-all w/ his "bad @$$, i'm gonna take home 1st...you suk" system. (this last time it just happened to be a guy w/ 6 memphis 12's in a suburban...did a 142, sounded like @$$) then some people that actually have half a clue stroll up and blow them away w/ a pair of 12's that sound great daily!

---meaningless rant over---

oh, by the Loubinz...

what kind of systems are you used to hearing? how loud do you really wanna be?
(by the way, i would love to have 2 mt's...but unless you plan on competing, its WAY over kill...1 is more than enough for the average joe)

-marshall :-)

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 249
oh i wouldnt even use mts anyways just to much power for me and im sayin if he really likes them just dont go crazy with them cause they have no warranties

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3923
I'll put it plain and simple, if this is meant to be a daily driver, and your driving kids around, your never gonna want MT's. Even with the Third row out your gonna need all the room you can get for a box large enough for them both. Wayyyy overkill.

Think more on the lines of one XXX.

Bronze Member
Username: Eddyg519

Post Number: 22
2 MTs would be great for competition.. but for driving the kids around i dont know..

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us