Two Alpine Type R's

Username: Thugginpali96

Post Number: 1
Ok here's the situation. I need help and need it fast. I have 2 alpine dvc 1222D 2 ohm + 2 ohm subwoofers. I have them in a enclosed box. I have them run to a hifonics bx1505D amp. That's a mono amp guys. Anyways... i wired them all today and everything but i'm afraid i wired them wrong. i got a rockford fosgate amp kit 4 gauge with a 100 amp anl fuse. i also have a power acoustik capactitor 3 farad digital. It's a nice one. lol anyways... the way i set up my subs was i wired them up paralled/parallel to get a .5 ohm load. I took the speaker wire coming out of the box put positive witha positve and a negative witha negative and put them in one channel of course sepretley. (both positive speaker wires in the positve channel and a neggative and negative in the negative channel. So that should be a one ohm load right? I shouldnt blow my speakers or mess up my amp??? Pleease help asap. I have this all run to a Alpine iva-d310 flip out tv. Thanks all

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 54
Lucky you asked... No, it's not right. You can't get a 1 ohm load off those subs. You either need 2 more dual 2 ohm or if you could swap them for some dual 4 ohm, then you could get a 1 ohm load.
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 326
0.5 ohms = fried Hifonics....

Post Number: 3
Would it sound any different if i put it into two ohms?? Because right now it's banging!!! Damn so there's no way of a one ohm load!!! F**k i can't swap these. i got them off ebay

Post Number: 4
Also, my lights keep dimming and the tv and everything keeps turning off and on. Any one know why and what i can do? i have a 3 farad cap

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 57
Caps don't help they just smooth your power consistancy. You prolly need High Output alternator $150-$300. Oh, and make sure your subs final ohms match up with that of the amps compatibility range. If not, then yes Hifonics will = Friedtronics.

Post Number: 5
ok thanks six, but one more question. Can i just run them to two channels??? instead of taking the subs out of the box and rewiring them???? instead of wiring both subs together into the amp, can i just do it sepertely into two different channels?? Would it make a difference in the way they hit??

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
you can if the amp is rated for 1ohm X 2channels. If the 1ohm requires it to be bridged you can't. In that situation, you wire your subs differently and have them run on their own channel @ 4ohms (sadly sacrificing wattage)

Post Number: 6
Well then i guess i'll have to wire them at a 2 ohm load then right???

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 65
Oh, yes certainly you can wire each subs vcs in series and then run the subs parallel into the amp bridged. That'll equate to running at 2 ohms off the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us