Whats the big difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Idiotwithpower

Post Number: 16
whats the technical and audio differenct in the audiobahn HCT model amps and there Class D's. is the HCT less efficiant or does it distort?
also I was wandering how a 1500HCT would compare with an Audiopipe GD-6001.
these amps would be used for spl and possibly sql, but I have something else in mind for the sq part of my system I'll be putting together next summer. I just want to know how much unclipped bass I could get out of them. I don't wan't cone break up or the anoying ggghhhhhhkkk bass sound.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1328
the difference in their HCT and their class-D lines is:

the class-d is a cromed turd
the HCT is an innefficient cromed turd

if you want loud bass w/ SQ, stay clear of most of audiobahns stuff. look at kicker, mtx, jl, alpine, jbl, memphis, re, dd, and stuff like that.

i'm not being mean man...i'm just trying to save you a huge headache down the road if you were to buy audiobahn.

Bronze Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 85
audiobahn A8000T is a pretty good amp it bumps and sounds good.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1091
i need an amp for an SPL project ima do thats between 300-400 dollars and 1600-2000 watts. been looking actually at that 1500hct and a hifonics brutus. i know itd be better if i bought like 2 zapco 1100.1s or something but im not going to spend that kind of money on this project. any ideas cuz im sure that could help idiotwithpower too.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1331
bp1200.1, kx1200.1, re 12.1, ed nine.1

all in the $300-400 or less range.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4811
Trevor, the HCT models do put out. I've tested them.
However, if your budget is $400 max, I've seen Orion 2500D for $499. You're not that far off.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1092
well i think i might blow the subs with 2500w though. they are audioque LWs. 300w rms. but i was going to feed them much more. but 2500 is over 600 per sub... thats too much. thanks though.

and marshal. i was hoping for a little more than 1200w though. i feel the audioques can handle much more than 300w rms each as they are built like DD subs. thanks for the reply though.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 73
most of those amps put ut more than 1200w, their underrated. The kicker and the re im told put out something more like 1400-1500w

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1332
what ohm load can you wire your subs to?

1ohm, 2ohm? (or what?)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1094
well 4 LWs are SVC 4 ohm so that is a 1 ohm load. im trying to get ahold of zacdavis to possibly get a discount on DD subs so the impedance could change...

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1095
actually i might get the kx1200.1 because i just found out it was only 334 BN on ebay. i thought it was like 380 on ebay.

Bronze Member
Username: Idiotwithpower

Post Number: 17
anyone heard the Audiopipe GD-6001? it's cea rated at 2000wrms and i was wandering how it was for spl applications

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3925
"Trevor, the HCT models do put out. I've tested them."

Haha, so how was it Isaac? I've been wanting to have a little fun during these lonely nights, I guess I'ma have to pick me up an Audiobahn HCT.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4818
I actually had some fun with HCT. It gave tons of bass for a moderately priced amp. I know on some amps, the remote bass control doesn't do much, but on the HCT I tested, it really made the difference.
I know everyone hates the "flame" but I march to my own drum. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1298
i agree. on the opposite end, my dt pounded without a hickup or heat. did my w3's well.

Silver Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 105
I have an A2200HCT and I think that that thing puts out a heck of a lot of power. Just my .02 though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us