So I got my system...

Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 1
As soon as I resize some pictures I will post them....

Alpine CDA-9847
Infinity Kappa Comps
15" AA Avalanche in a 4cuft ported enclosure tuned at 26hz
MB Quart RAA1000
All Knukonceptz
165a HO Alt from Alterstart
Optima Yellowtop

and i'm the old anonymous

This is quite step up from the old (2 10" audiobahns in a ported box tuned about 40hz) ... Although that setup was pretty loud, it obviously lacked any low end output and had no SQ.

I can't really describe the Avalanche anywhere from 26-35hz. It's unbelievable. I have never heard anything like it.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3900
Ohh, I know what your talking about man. Nice choice on the Avalanche, your gonna love it forever! Mine's sealed in 2.5 cubes though, so your actaully probably getting a little more output than I am, I just wanted a smoother response curve, once you start tuning boxes to 20 - 26 hz things get a little peaky.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 25
whats your name Baseball. i live in camden. just curious

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 2
Yes..... But I've decided to have fun with it for a little while, them I'm going sealed.

UploadUploadUploadUpload

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 3
matthew - I PMed you

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 36
What type of vehicle is that in??? Yukon? - If so, ur the shiz. I'm lookin' to sell mah 91 DeVille and get like a 97 2Door Black Yukon GT.

...please don't tell me it's a FoRD.

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 4
haha no... grand cherokee

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1116
Oooooh. That's a nice setup. And I'm being honest. But don't those Optimas have to be vented to the outside? I know my ACDelco deepcycles have to.... And if not, I'm gonna go pick three of those bad boys up and do a swap...

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 6
I was thinking they didnt.... it says "Due to its completely sealed case, the OPTIMA Yellow Top battery is extremely safe and corrosion resistant."

maybe, maybe not...? I guess I need to find out.

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 7
1: never mount a lead acid battery inside the passenger compartment of a car. Batteries produce hydrogen gas as they warm up. This can KILL YOU.
It's a highly toxic gas. If you are going to use dedicated batteries for car audio for use when the car isn't running, you need to stick to RG-grade batteries like Optima's yellow top, which are specifically noted as safe for use in such locations.

-Glasswolf

hmm... still unsure

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3911
Yes Yellow tops are safe for the inside of your car. Completely sealed, they shouldn't leak gas. DO NOT try to use regular ordinary batteries for this purpose though, the gas leaking is not a joke.

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 8
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1086
wow my brother used to have an ordinary batery in the back of his SUV.. good thing nothing happened to him lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us