Best for my amp

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 803
I am just inquiring what sub would work better with my amp. I want to either get a Eclipse Ti (750 wrms) or a RE Se (600 wrms). I have a Xtant A6001T which is rated at 600 wrms @2-ohms, but since Xtant is known for underrating by like 10-15% it woul dbe more like 660-675 wrms. I personally think that the Eclipse is a better sub in general but it has a higher rms rating than the SE, so I am not sure how well it would work with my amp. Just inquring, since most people hate these kind of questions. Sry :-(

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1432
I think most would agree its good to leave some amp headroom & not drive it full . The SE or there's Diamond D6 12" which is also 6oowrms & is said to be a SQ sub .......

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 67
I'd say go with the Eclipse. The RMS rating of the sub is just the thermal rating of the subs voice coil. More power = more heat. The higher RMS rating just indicates that the voice coil(s) of that speaker can withstand the increased heat from that amount of power. You should also look at how efficient the subs are. This measurement is usually listed in dB and higer is better. The higher the number, the louder a sub will play for a given amount of power.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 807
But doesn't that also mean that I wont be getting full excurison from the sub either? And I think the Xmax of the Ti is like 38mm, sweet!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3898
"ou should also look at how efficient the subs are. This measurement is usually listed in dB and higer is better. The higher the number, the louder a sub will play for a given amount of power."

Please refrain from giving people advice if you don't know what your actually talking about, sorry to be so gruff.

Your wrong though, there really isn't one measurement that gives a subs effeciency.

The "db" number your talking about is the sub's sensitivity, and is irrelevant when talking about subs anways, in other words, just ignore that number.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1107
Isaac: I've played with Eclipse stuff for awhile. I've seen some pretty obscene setups.

The sub is VERY effiecent. It'll take a lot of power, but it's not needed to hit full excursion.

A 400watt Clarion will power the sub perfectly in a 3.5cu/ft box tuned to 32Hz. Changing the enclosure with this sub radically changes it's behavior.

But if you're going sealed, you'll need 1,000+ RMS to get anything worthwhile out of it...

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 808
Only 400 watts huh? Wow, thats amazing. So you think that with my anp I will be doing fine, as long as its in a ported enclosure? Would you recomend that same enclosure, 3.5cu/ft @32hz?

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 72
Well Joe, you go right on believing that and using your amps to generate heat when then could be producing music. How is it you think that the sensitivity of a sub makes no difference???

Isaac, I agree with Jake, you will not be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us