I have a jl 10w7 and i have some questions

Username: Bapesta01

New york

Post Number: 1
i have a 10 w7 hooked up with a 500/1 jl amp connected to the head unit with a high/low converter, would the subwoofer knock more with a new head unit?

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 164
it would have a better signal going to it.....so i am gonna say yes! as well as your sound quality would go up as well....now if they don't make a kit for your car and you actually like your headunit JL makes a handy little device call the cleansweep that is basically a Auto eq that cleans up the signal and does a preamp to rca's to make the signal as clean as it can get from the original...it rivals eclipse decks from what i have seen in reviews about it.....also handy for a stealth kinda thing...most people will see the stock deck in the car and think it won't have a lot of money tied up in the stereo! i can't tell you a price as i have only put one in since the start of sale on them....but i am sure you can find them on the internet!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4794
Cleansweep is over $300.
Yes getting a new HU with rca will make it sound better. Unless you have high quality LOC, you will get less deep bass with increase in volume.

Username: Bapesta01

New york

Post Number: 2
ok thanks very much for the help, another thing my w7 does not hit as hard a my friends Two 10W3v2-D4 hookeed up to the same 500/1 jl amp as mine(his is in the jl ported enclousure and mine is in a no name box could this be why??

Silver Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 168
the box has a lot to do with it.......a 10W7 is right where it needs to be if it's in a sealed box....ported you could go up to 750watts but you really won't gain a whole lot.....i would just build a better box...use the JL specs and build it to ported specs if you want it to hit harder!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us