Infinity Kappa VQ's

Josh CCS
Unregistered guest
Anyone have any experience with this sub? I'm going for an sql setup and I've heard the Perfects but I havent heard these yet. Is there a significant difference? It looks like a pretty mean sub...I'm just curious how much spl it can put out. I know its meant to be an sq sub but from what I've read on here so is the brahmna...

Username: Afripino

Post Number: 5
I've got a 10VQ coming in 2 days. I'll let you know how it sounds. I used to have Perfect 12's and YES...they are great SQ subs (SPL too!). I'm placing my 10VQ in a small sealed enclosure (optimized size of course) with 500wRMS @ 4 ohms going to it from a RF500s. You know what the VQ is for right? Also, what kinda amp(s) do you plan on running the sub(s) with?

Josh CCS
Unregistered guest
Yeah, the VQ is to change the mass of the motor or somehting like that. I'm not exactly sure of the physics behind it but I know that it allows it to be put in manny different sized boxes w/ different applications, etc. I'm looking at getting two of the single vc 12" VQs and running them with an infinity 1211a. According to Infinity's manulas and such it looks like 3 cu. ft. a piece tuned to about 35 hz would be loudest w/ best sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us