RE SX?

Bronze Member
Username: Kingcantu

Post Number: 12
By the way what is this RE or SX sub you all are talking about? I saw the reaudio.com website, what brand are these? are they better than type r's?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4089
resonant engineering and yes they are better then type r's

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 33
Its RE .SX. RE is short for Resonant Engineering and .Sx is one of their sub lines. The company gets a bunch of good reviews around this forum, and around some other places. You can check out www.realmofexcursion.com of some hardcore videos of some of their subs :-). I personally like the sx over type r. RE has laso otehr lines, like .Re, .Se. .Sx .XXX and .Mt with MT being a pure SPL sub and XXX a 1600W SQL sub.
Sx's stats are as follows:
SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309
Prices are before shipping.
SX - 1000wRMS -- DVC 2 ohm
The rest of the specs can be found on www.reaudio.com

Hope this helps a little. Check out around the forum, its not hard at all to find stuff on RE :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
I was on there website whats there best 12 and how many watts are we working with?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I was on there website whats there best 12 and how many watts are we working with? and whats the price starting at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
what do these subs (RE/SX) lack? that the alpine type rhas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
Read the specs bro, I dont ahve the specs for the alpine type R, but for the .Sx 12 there are as follows:
s: 30.6
Qms: 4.4
Qes: .32
Qts: .30
Mms: 183
Vas: 47.6
Spl: 88.1
Sd: 480
Cut diam: 11.125"
Mount Depth: 6.875"
Displ: .16 cuft

I would personalyl get the SX, good company, good name, good products, hit hard and sound great! ! !
Alpine is more of a CC and BB brand, go to any Best Buy and see the first sub they will try to sell you :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
what does the alpine type r have that this doesnt?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
I dont know :-) lol Type-R is prolly a little cheaper, all I can think of. There is something that was going around here that said that the type-R out-pounded the SX but I dont knwo how true that is. Right after that post somethign else came up where the guy said that he ws deliverign un-even power in different enclosures and stuff. Anyway, I perosnally liek the SX better, but its all up to you. Read more on this forum, you can always learn new things.

The only real way for YOU to decide is to go and listen to both subs and see which one you like most.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us