Bass makes my cd changer skip

Bronze Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 14
my pioneer 12 disc changer is installed on the ceiling part of the trunk. when i play songs with alot of bass it skips. if i were to install on the floor of the trunk, will it skip less? is there any part in the trunk that i can set up the cd changer and not skip?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3551
you can relocate the cd changer to another location or make a dampened enclosure for the changer possibly

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
how would i make a dampened enclosure for my changer?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3552
just like you make an enclosure for your subwoofers except line it with a padded type material but watch for heat build up if that becomes an issue add a fan (give the changer breathing room) your basically isolating the changer from the impact of the bass

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 183
build a box, put foam in it (on the bottom) set changer on foam. it will absorb the shock. or, will it fit under a seat? i'd try different locations before building something.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3553
your trunk lid is probably shaking with the bass which is shaking the changer so moving it may be best to say the floor of the trunk like you said

Bronze Member
Username: Johntheguy

Post Number: 28
mine did that, and since it is wired to the head unit i just followed the wire into the car and moved the changer under my passenger seat. no skip now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i don't have space under my seat for my cd changer. i decided i'll play the songs with alot of bass with the head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us