A new sub for my amp

Username: Kingcantu

Post Number: 7
Guys check out my previous threads. Anyways I have an Alpine MRD-M605 amp, would that hold up with a Alpine SWX not SWR (even though I still might get another SWR)Would my amp hold up on a SWX 1242d?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1401
that amp does
RMS Power (at 12V,20Hz-200Hz)
* Per channel into 2 ohms : 400W x 1
* Per channel into 4 ohms : 250W x 1

RMS Power (at 14.4V,20Hz-200Hz)
* Per channel into 2 ohms : 600W x 1

a R is rated @ 500wrms
a X is rated @ 1000wrms

I would buy a 1200wrms amp

Post Number: 8
theres no way it would work out with my MRD-M605?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1403
it'll play it but like 1/2 potential of that sub

Now if u got the type R that amp would be perfect for it . Unless u are thinking about getting the X & plan on buying a more powerful amp later on .

Post Number: 9
Yeah I had a Type R and I loved it. Read my previous thread called "Alpine Type R Help". I talk about how I only had one bass sound coming from my sub even though it still kicked really hard. I think its because of the vented box I had. Read it let me know what you think.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1408
Had to go waaaaay down looking 4 it - with so many other threads popping up it got pushed down .

Could be that your box is too big causing the sub to overwork & screwing it up . Y don't u get a properly speced box & get back a type R as its only like $120

Post Number: 10
Yeah sorry I was trying to get as much feedback as I could on that thread but it got pushed down. Yeah but I was bascially trying to say that with my Subzone box, it seemed like there was a lot of air coming out of the vent, not as much as this Q-logic box i saw it in, I didnt know if I should get a sealed box for it. I'm definatley gonna get another type r but that was my only concern about it was trying to hear the bass clearer. There was a lot of air coming out so you couldnt tell the difference between a low deep bass sound and a high bass sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us