Got a problem

Silver Member
Username: Yamahabanshee1

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 201
Well I am just about to build my box and we figured out that the one i was gonna make wont fit because of the hump in the back of the S10. So that means we can only make our sub box 13.5" deep! But as wide and tall as we want!
I was planning on porting to 32hz and giving each sub (12" Fusion PowerPlant) 2.25cuft! Well i cant get any dimensions to work with a 4" diameter port! Fusion reccomends a 4" diameter port for that sub! So I was planning on using that size port but if a 3" diameter one will work and not make much port noise and be just as loud i wll do that! What do u guys think, I can get the 4" diamter port to work if I make the box so each sub has 2.5cuft, fusion says to give each sub atleats 1.73cuft! So would 2.5cuft be to big? Would it sound bad! Well thanks guyts and sorry for the long post!

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 202
O ya and does it matter where the port is located on the box?

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 206
Any1?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 706
i dont understand .. why cant u make it work with a 4 inch port?? are you saying that the port is to big and after you displace the volume of it u cant get 2.25 cu ft? you could use 4 2" ports for each and the port area would be the same but id imagine that would be more difficult.. i would not go to a 3 inch port... even a 4" is kinda pushin it

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 207
ya thats what i mean! it says the port is to big! I got a box to work last nite with the volume 2.345cuft(each sub)! Is that to big? Fusion reccomends atleast 1.73 for a vented box! Well fusion reccomended the 4" Port! Will it matter where the port is at on the box! I am going to make it so the subs are on the top of the box and then the ports are going to come out the sides! WHere should I put them on the sides so they sound the best? heres my dimensions 20x15.9x13.5
HxWxD!

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 709
prefferably u want the ports in the direction of the front .. the sides might not work as well but what can u do if its that tight.. did you remember to make sure that the 4 " port is 4 inches of clearance all around it?.. should matter where in the side it is as long is its there and not interfering with anything

Silver Member

Paulding, Ohio USA

Post Number: 208
Ya I checked that! I am ok! I think it whould work!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us