Please help!!!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Turok6_007

Post Number: 12
i have a problem with my system. the two audiobahn woofers wont play right in the dual q logic box i have. when i only have one inside it plays great but when i screw in the second one it sounds crappy and almost seems as if they get less power. please help me get the bump back in my system!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4086
you prob have them wired wrong. If they are dual 4ohms and you have one wired mono parellel you will get 2 ohms but if you add the other and it is wired seried you will have a 4ohm load with 1/2 the power to both. http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=2+woofers&WoofImp =Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=10&image.y=12

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
the weird thing is i tried it with two kenwood tornado woofers and it sounded great but when i install the audiobahns it sounds messed up but then again the kenwoods arent dual voice coil.also i bought the woofers on monday and i blew one out on wednsday i went to the store and got a replacement and that when the problem started. on monday and tuesday the bass sounded sick!! it was awesome then on wednsday one died. also i was thinking it might be that they need to be in seperate boxes, do u think this might help? i dont want to spend money on enclousures if i dont have to. thanks for ur help bro.

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 26
I could make an Audiobahn comment right now but Im not going to.
Yeah, sounds like you have a problem in your wireing, you can check out the site James gave you or you can look at http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Hope you ge tit figured out!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1376
It just have to be the polarity as the guys said ,which results in major sound cancellation causiing it to sound crappy like u said .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
OK i wired it the way u guys said and they sound way louder but they still cancell eachother out when i put them in the box together. and now my battery's dead. i think it might have been the battery the whole time cuz it must have been low to begin with and thats probably why it didnt work when wired them the way u guys said.does the gauge of the ground wire matter?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1065
yes. how many watts are you pushing?

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 51
Yes, make srue your "big three" are the right size. All your wires matter, if they wouldnt matter they wouldnt be there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
????PLEASE SOME ONE HELP WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE OTHER THEN THE WIRING THATS CAUSING SOUND CANCELLAION?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
THE AMP IS PUSHING 1200 watts. PEAK its a 2 channel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
IM USING 4 gauge power wire and two 8 guage wires for the ground. cuz i didnt have a thicker one for the ground

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 43
maybe the box isnt the right size for the 2 audiobahn subs

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
DAMMIT im getting frustrated it still wont work!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us