1 Cerwin Vega STROKER 10" vs 2 re sx 10 "

Bronze Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 69
hey guys which one will be louder and better overall sub.
One 10" cerwin Vega Stroker 102 Subwoofer = 2000 rms
or
two re sx 10" = 2000 rms

will be running them in ported box with kicker 2500 amp

your reply is very much appreciated
thankyou

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1259
stroker sounds like mushed poo.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 578
Sinx, do you want strictly SPL? The Stroker/Stroker Pro are strictly SPL woofers, and not designed for daily listening pleasure. The SX on the other hand will get PLENTY loud, and have good SQ. Just thought I would add that most SPL woofers sound like mushed poo, except the MT, which has some musicality to it, but that won't get you any awards anyways, at an SPL competition.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4076
I think people need to stop the sub comparison's on this forum because they are completly bias. Try them out for yourselves, I mean you don't even know who is responding on the other end anyways jus go with what you can afford.!

Username: Kravenblood

Post Number: 4
The stroker pro is a sql sub. And i got a regular stroker 15 and it dont sound bad it lacks low end extension though but it moves massive air

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1380
I'd say try the 2 SX , cause Strokers are strickly spl subs , if 1 or 2 ppl say they have some SQ well thats just their personal opinion .

I heard a pair of 15s Strokers & i must admit are extremely LOUD but to me NO SQ @ all in the vehicle , the bass is ground vibrating though . I know i'm talking about 15s though which isn't exactly what was asked .

But i'd say 2 1000w SX would be louder than 1 2000w CV due to more air movements ,cone area etc

Username: Kravenblood

Post Number: 5
Um did you read the review in car audio and electronics 88 points out of 100 i think that would put it in with more than good sq's, but id agree to the 2 to one would be louder. Im getting either 2 stroker pro 12's or another regular 15 dont know yet lol

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 614
I asked GlassWolf about this before as I compared a W7 to a Stroker Pro, he said that the Stroker would get immensely louder, but not sound ANYWHERE good at ALL. So...Yea, I think I'll believe him, before I believe a Car Audio magazine/site just trying to sell a product.

Don't get me wrong, you can ask around, I'm a BIG fan of Cerwin Vega, but that particular sub is SPL oriented. The new Stroker however, might have more SQ than the new Stroker Pro...I don't know however, because I've never seen either in person...:-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 1283
"Um did you read the review in car audio and electronics 88 points out of 100 i think that would put it in with more than good sq's, but id agree to the 2 to one would be louder. Im getting either 2 stroker pro 12's or another regular 15 dont know yet lol"

the stroker is completely different from the stroker pro. spl vs sql.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1284
respectively
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us