Need help finding cheap subs

Username: Sureshot30

Post Number: 1
ok, i just registered here today and i dont know alot about car audio, im a sophmore in high school, and im on a budget. so, im lookin for 2 subs for under 150. i want loud subs so you can hear me comin from farrrrr away! my friend is giving me some handmedown amps and radio, but there decent. the amp is 1600 watts. any suggestoins?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4049
1600 watts what kind is it? I need to know that first before I recomend a sub.

Post Number: 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/4x400w-Channel-Car-Audio-Amplifier-Car-Stereo-Amp-Amps_W0QQi temZ5816375906QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
heres a link to the same model and everything
4*400

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

Post Number: 51
That is a 160watt RMS amp. How much room do you have for subs and box?

Post Number: 3
plenty of room,right now its goin in a hatchback then in the summer in to a trunk of a saturn 4-door. is 160watts rms not good, or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-05-ALPINE-SWR-1022D-10-500W-D2-SUBWOOFERS-Pair_W0QQite mZ5817126314QQcategoryZ3291QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You will be under powering them, so save up and get a better amp when you can.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-10W3v2-D4-Subwoofer-NEW-05-10-W3-SUB-10w3v2d4_W0QQi temZ5817835005QQcategoryZ39771QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Another option

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 281
Id reccomend you spend 150 on one really good sub. 1 12" would do you nice. Plus youd better get a mono channel amp bro save up.

Tell you the truth i spend 180 on my 2 lanzar 12" subs and 180 on my lanzar 1200 watt amp now im pushing 1000RMS and my civic trunk cant take it tell you teh truth prolly the best system ive heard my self in person forget all that mumbo jumbo about name brand bro i didnt go wrong with my system. I still hear people say that lanzar sucks but id love for them to hear my system on the real.
application/mswordUpload
AudioSetup.doc (24.6 k)

Check stuff im running if you want, plus i paid 360 canadain for the subs and amp and 75 bucks for a 4 port bandpass box.

Post Number: 5
neither of those links work

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 282
Oh ya and its not JL Audio but hey if i didnt open the trunnk you wouldnt really know what the difference would be in my opion then again i havent heard anything better then 2 JL 10s 800RMS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
They both work for me....

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1358
yes those links work

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 284
Links worked for me to..

Post Number: 6
ok, hmmmm... so you guys wanna help me out and go on ebay find a setup for me (sub(s), amp) cuz now i dont know what to look for. remember i have a limited budget

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4053
that amp saying 1600 on the front is "false advertising" trying to lead noobies in the car audio world to believe thats what it puts out. I would use that amp for your mids and highs if you absolutely want to use it and get a designated sub amp. Not to burrst your bubble or anything man but Cuspid is not very good. I am not being a D!CK just trying to help you out. Old Lanzar equipment is nice I am not to fond of the new stuff.

Post Number: 8
dont worry bout it man. im learning alot already. so i have to look for a new amp and one powerfull sub right? im open to any suggestoins if u have something ud like to recommend!

Post Number: 9
both those links work for me now, but what bout this? this one is sexxxy
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUDIOBAHN-AW1206T-12-FLAME-SUB-2200-WATTS_W0QQitemZ58167 49180QQcategoryZ48613QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4056
well first you need to pick a budget. What type of music do you listen to and how much room do you want to use with the box?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1362
Since he's new this should give him a general idea of products http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
alright james, um... total system prob around 350. i listen to evvvvverything, but with subs ill probably just listen to rap/hiphop. i do wanna use a box, and its gonna in a truck thats about 3 feet wide and a foot and a half tall.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4058
you know what I dont get on that is why is the new PPI stuff in questionable and the Directed(dei) is in good when Directed makes the new PPI stuff? That is a decent list to go by but some things are a little questionable.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4059
ok well thats a small budget do you want wiring included in that price, what about instalation are you gonna do it yourself or pay for it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i have a wiring kit picked out for 30, its 4 guage, and my friend and i are gonna put it in, his has two cars with systems in it, so he knows how to do it. by the way that link helped alot. i wanna get something from the good catorgory.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1364
If they made a 5th catagory like an "OK" on that list then some of the products could fall into that rather than just being grouped from bad, questionable, good .

But its good that some1 took the time to @ least create a general guide .

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4064
can you use ebay? I would look into Kicker,JBL,MTX,Directed for amps, and cerwin vega v-max for a sub. IMO its one of the best subs you can get for the money on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
i was plannin on buyin everything off ebay to make it easier on me, im searchin cerwin vega now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
ok, if i wanna buy one big sub, then how much rms watts should i be lookin for if i want to be *heard*!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4067
1 CV 15 will be heard I would get a CV vmax 15 with a kicker 600.1:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us