Is this even possible?

Bronze Member
Username: Kevbo887

Post Number: 38
I have a Bazooka Sub/amp tube hoooked up in my car right now, sounds great. But, is it possible to add another one in there? I have it hooked to the battery like any normal amp and hooked up to the cd player like all the others too.

Would I have to add new wires in, or is it possible to simply buy another one, and splice to the plugs that they give you? Thanks all.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4046
if you have the pre amped bazooka there are two wires that come off of the harness on the sub that say SLAVE. that is for hooking up another sub and running it as a slave off of the one amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
Oh, ok. Theres about 6-7 wires that are not being used, ill have to check out the manual. Thanks man.

Also, does it lose a lot of quality or rms on either one? Thanks :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Also one more quick question, if I buy another one from Walmart that has the built in amp, can you slave that as well, or would I have to get one that does not come with the amplifier? Thanks.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4054
yes you can buy another one with a built in amp but dont slave it. You will need a distobution block so you will take your power wire from the battery have it go into the distro block and have two power wires come out 1 for each. For your remote you can jump them from one to the next, and for ground run another ground wire. If you get one and run it as slave you will cut your power handling in half to the pre amped one, I would get another pre amped one and do it that way.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
So in other words, if I get another preamped one I pretty much have to add a bunch of wiring? Thats not really something I have time for right now, maybe in a little while I might. Thanks though man, I appreciate it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
Actually, do you mean that the distribution box would go in my trunk, right near the two power wires in it that are currently hooked up to the plug? Then wire the distribution block with speaker wire or power wire to the new amp/sub tubes plug? If so, that is simple, can you better explain the ground/remote power thing a little more? Thanks!!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4057
ok this isn't very hard it should take 30 min tops to wire up. you mount the distro block in your trunk and take the power wire from the battery you have already and take it out of the tube you currently have. Next run two power wires from the other side of the distro block out 1 to each tube. The remote wire that is going from your Head unit to your tube now all you have to do is splice another 22 guage wire from that wire to the remote wire on the new tube, For the ground you hook up a ground from the new tube just like you did with the orig one and put a ring terminal on it and put it to a good ground in your car either a seat belt bolt or get a self tapping screw and make another one just make sure you scrape the paint away before you mount it down. Might sound complicated but it is very easy. Maybe someone here with some time can draw it up for you and post it I dont have the time now but maybe later.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Alright man I would really appreciate it if you or someone else could do that for me! Thanks.

Its the ground that Im afraid I would jack up haha. I understand the rest though, thanks!

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4066
image/bmpUpload
car wiring.bmp (88.8 k)
here you go I did it really fast hope you understand it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Ahhh, makes since, thanks man! I appreciate it!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 545
I have a question. It obviously sounds like Kevin is craving more bass than his "tube" can provide. Why not just buy a good sub/amp? I remember CC trying to sell me a tube, until the guy almost blew the thing trying to show me just how much bass they DON'T (LMAO) put out. Just a question, that's all...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4073
The old bazooka tubes were good but the new ones are not. I agree with yyou Tyler thats what Kevin should do but he never mentioned it so I never presented it lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
I would, but my other setup was stolen, id rather spend less money on these, and if they do get stolen, its not as huge a hit to my wallet as the other one was, know what I mean?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 582
Gotcha. People can be retarded...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4075
why not get an alarm?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Wont make a difference, had one in my other vehicle and stuff still got stolen, even parts of the peices for the friggen alarm!!

Crappy craphole I live in haha.

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 25
I loved the drawing!
As far as the alarm, there was a post on ehre a while back where someone had an idea of making like an electrical fence aroudn the car, so whe nyou touch it you get the crap shocked out of you :-) Just a thought....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
That my friend would be awesome.

Id rather hook up a shotgun to it and blow the cocksmokes head off.....but hey, thats just me.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4088
it was Isaac's idea about the fence!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us