500/1 for 2 10w6v2 ?

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 19
I have a 500/1 running to an 8w7 in my current setup. I like the 8" and all, SQ is great, but it just doesn't have as much thump on some of the lower frequencies that I'd want. I *kinda* rushed into getting it because I got a real good deal at the place I got it installed at, and I kind of knew it was going to just be a temporary thing. So I acted on an impulse, and now I have the $ for new stuff. So I'm just planning on selling it on eBay. (Unless anyone on here is interested?)

A friend of mine has 2 10 w6v2 in a nice sealed box, that I'm hoping I can buy off of him, because he just has them sitting around. Would I be happy with the output of 2 10" subs with just my 500/1. I have an extra 500/1, but I was planning on selling this to help pay for the new subs (plus i'd rather not pay the $ for the wires + install). The JL website lists the optimum RMS at around 300-400, and I know the 500/1 is supposedly underrated (~600 watts?), but I'm wondering if I'm better off just hooking up the two amps. I used to run a 500/1 to a 10w6v2, and it sounded real nice, though it did have slightly more boomy bass than my current 8w7. I don't think I ever really pushed it to its limits either, so I'm hoping 2 10"s would be more than a 3 db increase?

My other option is to get a new 10w7, I can get one here in the sealed prowedge for about $450 (which is about what I will be paying for the 2 10"'s). But I figure 2 10w6's have got to have better SQL (what I'm after) than 1 10w7.

I'm sure some people here have heard 2 10w6v2's running off a 500/1. Recommendations? Advice? Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 20
bump

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1355
well a 10w6 is rated @ 400wrms so 2 = 800wrms , your amp would play it but i'd get another 500/1 later on 1/sub .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us