Post Number: 1339
1 re = 175wrms ,2 = 350

1 type R = 500wrms

u figure the math - lol

Silver Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 102
150wrms isnt that much different. So are you saying a type r will be louder? And which wold sound better?

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 81
thats 500wrms for one type R and 350 for 2 re. which means 2 type R's is 1000wrms. and 650wrms is a big difference. id go with type R if u can afford an amp to power them.

Silver Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 103
I was comparing 1 12 inch type r to 2 12 inch re res?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1344
going by the numbers it'll take close to 3 REs to make up the wattage of a R when u could have simply bought a single sub & give it the proper rec ported box .
btw : a Re = $69 , a R = $ 115 both + s/h .

When u pop the trunk ppl will go like "Sh!t , only 1 sub is doing that !" - lol

Silver Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 104
How about sound quality?

Does anyone know if a orion 600 wrms would be good amp for that type r if i go that route?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1345
I've been reviews on it all over the net & i can't find a single bad review - so i myself am planning on getting 2 12s type R .

As u can see both of these Amps are same exact specs/price (only the ohms @ 600wrms are different) - just 2 give u a choice .

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_717.html

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3733.html

If u are only doing 1 type R with the Orion then u need the dual 2ohms model 1222D

With the Alpine u need to get the dual 4ohms 1242D model - so make u check that out ....

Silver Member

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 106
Is one of those amps better than the other one or is the ohms the only difference?
Do either of those include a wired bss remote?

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 110
"I've been reviews on it all over the net & i can't find a single bad review" - Rovin

To me, I see that as a bad thing. I don't want to have the same exact system as everyone else, otherwise I would have gone to bestbuy and got the Alpines like 100's of other people in my area probably already have.

And believe me, most people who have those alpines never had anything else besides them. They have no idea what any other sub sounds like so of course they'll say 'it's the best'- who would drag thier own system.

I went to BestBuy a few months ago and told them I was looking for a new car system and the first thing they tried to sell my on were the R's. they didn't even have anything else! I ran.

Alpine has become the 'household' name for car audio. Not saying thats bad but when 10 people living on the same black have the same exact sub setup, I would want something unique.

Bronze Member
Username: Moondog1212

New York United States

Post Number: 17
like rovin said, i too would go with the type r's, im not just saying that because i have 2 of them, i have heard other peoples systems with different kinds of subs, im under powering mine a lot, i haev 500 watts going to two of them, and they pound, just letting you know that, but do what you want to

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1348
Well according to the number of posts here by the minute on RE - RE 1 day will prolly get just as popular ...lol

Alpine is a good econo brand & u do get alot of value for what it does . Pretty much all the brands do get popular & u just can't escape from some1 2 houses away owning 1 .

Now if u really want some thing different i'd say Mmats , DD , Adire , Diamond , Atomic audio, Cadence , Eclipse , Image Dynamics , Memphis , Crossfire , Treo etc ....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us