5cuft net. 4 ports. 2 ID 16in length each port. whats my tune?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1043
okay ive got that ABC box i built and im trying to mess around with it. im going to close off the second chamber and just use the 4 ports wich are 2 in dia. and they are 16 inch in lenth each port. so 4 ports 2in dia totalling 64 inch port lenght/... what is my tune.. if im not mistaken thats going to be EXTREMELY low. like 10hz or something. ... can i hurt the sub in any way like this? oh yeah after closing off the 2nd chamber its appx 5cuft net. thanks for ur help.

also i just got the idea of cutting off the 2nd chamber but leaving in the middle ports so that would be 8 ports but i could cut the others off making 4 ports 16 inches and 4 ports appx 9 inches... wow im trying too hard... leave it as if i just plug the middle ports and i use 4 ports and 5cuft net.

Type RF Nut
Unregistered guest
5 cu. ft. net with 4 2" ports @ 16 inches total length each is 19.56 hz tuning.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1045
type rf- how did you do that? i mean like are u using a program online? because if so id like to get the link because the only programs i know of help you figure out length for a desired tune and not what tune a certain lenth and area and volume is.

i dont think thats correct though... are u understanding that each port is 16 inches in length... that makes 64 inches of port length! i think its a lot lower than 19.56

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1299
you dont add the port lengths together....you add the port AREA. the port area of 4 2" pipes it only 16.57sq inches...(the equivalent of a 10" x 1.657" slot port)

you still have a 16" long port, but you have VERY little port area for a box that big...that is why the box it tuned so low. with a box that big, i would say go w/ 35sq in+ of port area.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1046
no its already built lol... i wudnt have built one like that in the first place

oh and 4 2inch ports is 12.56 sq inches.
so its 18.6hz

Type RF Nut
Unregistered guest
LEAP v5.0 and yes it is tuned lower if you don't take into consideration end correction. It is 19.56 hz on the nut...trust me.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1305
trevor...what kind of sub is this for...lol

you may wanna rip for 2" ports out and try some 4" ones.

what are the external deminsions of your box?

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 208
if i have a box 2.5cu ft, with one 4"x7.75" port what is the frequency...thanx

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1051
marshal you dont understand lol... im not building this box for something. it was already built for mmy avalanche as an abc box with 12 ports. i was going to close off 8 of the ports so it would be a normal ported enclosure but im not anymore, stupid idea lol.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3556
trevor dont give up man and basically if you close out the second chamber youll be tuned to 20 hz the inside ports will need closed off too( chamber 1 to chamber 2) ...now you gave me more ideas with that question lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3557
im not done experimenting with my abc box by far but things are on hold for a while. (i now have the tools to test my box rise) and i figured out a way to lower it and hopefully i can iron out the other bugs we talked about

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1060
lol what kind of idea? and i think the ABC box could be more effective with more port area... just a guess though. your the genious :-p
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us