Johnothan Isac help on amps

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 62
ive got a good deal on my 10w7 and H.O. box and he is offering me a Memphis 1000d

1100 at 1 ohm somewhere around 500-600rms at 3 ohms

should i get that or stick with finding a 500/1

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4668
What is a good deal to you? It'll depend on the price.
How much did you pay for yoru 10W7 and HO box? You'll be very pleased with the result. I've heard the demo.
I myself ordered 12W7 in HO box, and hopefully it'll arrive next week.
Justin, if you plan on getting the Memphis, use self control with the volume. 10W7 is 500w rms, and maybe 600w before bottoming out.
I've seen 500/1 for $250. That was the lowest price.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3982
you also have to remember that the jl "slash" amps are underrated so you tend to get a few more then 500 watts out of a 500/1. That is the amp that JL made for that sub so if you can get it for a good deal then I would be all over it. JL is very expensive most of the time but their stuff is top notch, and they market themselves correctly so they can charge the prices they do because people keep buying them.

Bronze Member
Username: Bakerj72

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 63
im paying 470USD shipped to cannada for the box and sub

he was powering the sub witht he memphis

so what ur saying is dont get the memphis amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 4672
If he's going to make a deal on the amp that you can't refuse, then it'll do. JL 500/1 is however, like James said, is a great amp for 10W7.
BTW, I got my 12W7 in HO box for $525 shipped.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3983
Hey Isaac you gonna lay the good ole 18 to rest?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4681
Well I was going to make a 6 cu ft box with huge ports, but my brother is borrowing it from me. He'll probably keep it for free.
James have you heard of W7 in a HO box? It was quite interesting. That box costs too much for me to open up and see. Wonder if an xray machine might work.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3985
yes I have heard it and it sounds fantastic but with a hefty price tag. IMO you can aquire the same sound out of a sub that cost's less(new) not at the crack head price that you got yours at.lol! how did you finagle that one? by the way I bought that truck today so I am trying to see what sub I am gonna use in it. I think I am going to use a avalanche 12 my avalanche 15 is just too big for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4684
Ha ha, I know James. Sometimes you get lucky with kids wanting SPL over SQ. The HO box alone is over $200.
BTY, how did you manage to get the truck so fast? No waiting period with the wife?
Man if I had a truck like that, I'd install 4 200w spot lights on the roof, 300w AM/FM/CW/SB radio with booster, power inverter, extra set of batteries, HO alternator, extra powerful tow motor, PA speaker hidden with siren. I know I'm forgetting something.
Oh, a hidden flame thrower. I've seen one on eBay before. It can come in handy during ice storm.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3988
hahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I knew the flame thrower was coming in there somewhere. Well the wife was easy to convince all I told her was if she wanted more money to shop I need this truck. lol I knew she would see it my way. I pick it up on wednesday:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4686
Man you're getting your Christmas present early! So it's true, even when a girl gets married, she still love shopping.
I don't know how you'll sleep on Tuesday night. I find it very hard waiting.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3991
yeah I cant wait! Nothing like feeling like a 8 year old kid again on christmas morning lol ohhh and women never stop shopping its in their blood man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us