Infinity 6x9 in back and 6.5 in the front what amp should i use?

Username: Nbgd018

Post Number: 5
i have a 2001 eclipse and im thinking about puting Infinity 9603I the (6x9) and the 6.5 are 6000cs what do you guys think about them and what kind of amp should i use for them? and what else would you reccomend ..... im allso thinking about puting 2 12" audiobahn aw1208T subs in any input at all would be nice and greatly appreciated!!! :0) thanks!!
Nick

Post Number: 7

Username: Irish_guy

Post Number: 2
well am a kicker guy But if i were u id look at the Kicker KX350.4 I have the older 300.4 and it rocks.As for the audiobahn id stay away it looks great but lacks in everything else Have a look at the new kicker L7s they are class lookin sub and they kick out a lot of bass.
I sound like a kicker sales man but i just love the stuff

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1877
forget audiobahn.
go with the kicker or JL amp.
for Infinity, stick with the Kappa or Kappa Perfect lines, not the Reference line.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
whats kappa i havent ever heard of it?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1885
look on crutchfield.com
the kappa and pakka perfect ate Infinity's higher end speakers.
reference are their cheap ones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
ok thanks :0)

Cainer
Unregistered guest
if you go with the infinity 6x9 nick be carefull with them, i think the SQ is realy good but as the SPL gets to the point where they are realy kickin the voice coils burn out, my opinion is that they are a bit too delicate mate.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1901
Cainer, if he matches the amplifier output power to the rated power of the speakers, he won't do any damage to them unless his amp is clipping due to lack of current, or gains not being set properly.

Cainer
Unregistered guest
GlassWolf.. yeah i have problems with my system being out of balance ive blown a lot of speakers over the past 6 months but im learning more every time i log on to this forum, but my main problem is that the set up ive got isnt powerful enough so everything was being turned up full to get somwhere near the loudness that i wanted, if id logged onto this site 6 months ago i would have saved a lot of cash. ps.. the amp i use to run my 6x9s is a kenwood KAC 846 4ch bridged down to 2ch, do you know anything about the output of this amp? i bought it cheep off a friend but he couldnt tell me much about it. Cheers mate.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us