Help with MXA6001 amp

Username: Elpervers

Post Number: 4
I just bought an MXA amp to power my single 12 inches 4ohms amplifier (http://www.hsustore.com/asw1203.html
). My sub was proviously powered by 2 channel bridged on a kenwood 8401 amp. that is supposed to give around 150w rms. I was surprised that I had to pump the gain the the maximum to reach the same level of audio than when it was on my kenwood, while this amplifier is rated 300w at 4 ohms. Is it normal or should I suspect that the amplifier is broken? My sub is currently plug on the + and - of the speakers one plug on the amp. Now the gain is at it's max setting, frequency is cut at around 80hz and the bass boost is at it's minimum setting (I prefer flat bass setting). Any idea what could be the problem? It's the first time I work with MTX amp, there is 2 speakers output each marked as 4 ohms and there is a setting marked for 1 sub of 2 ohms, should I try to plug my sub on that setting, even if it is a 4 ohms to get full power?

Thanks

Username: Elpervers

Post Number: 5
Just in case anyone get there I opened my "refurbished" amp this morning and realize it was severly burn out (big black spot inside). I will return it for refund.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us