I need a stupid loud set of subs.....

Jerrod
Unregistered guest
I am looking to get a really loud set of subs. Should I get 2 18 solo x.....or 3 jl w7 13's?

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 183
its more complicated then just gettin stupid loud sub
for example you probily will need 2 yellow top betteries a 250a alternator
18 solos have no sound quality there really ment for competition where they messure loudness in certain frequency burps not really by musical notes

the jl's are sq subs

tell me whats your total price range for just for your bass including batteries and all and what type of car your putting it in

Jerrod
Unregistered guest
I can get the 2 kicker subs for about $650 apiece. I am putting them in a 98 mustang gt. I assume I would have to take the back seats out. Also, If I go with the Kickers what kind of amps would i need for these subs?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1217
If u want extremely loud take 2 L7 or that 2 solo - will need a very strong amp or 1 amp/sub ....veddy expensif

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4632
L7s are piece of junk. If you want power, go with RE MTs. They can handle 2500w rms and 5000w peak. It's enough to shatter your windows.
If that is your goal.
Unlike L7s, MTs will also give you some SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 186
my friend has a 96 mustang he can hardly fit 2x 10"s (vertical wise) in his trunk ur not gunna be able to fit 12"s
if u want alot of bass go with 4x 10" l7s
each is 129$ with free shippin on ebay
and get 2 kicker 1200.1 amps around 350$ with shipping
youll also have to order a bigger alternator and a optima yellow top battery
youll have to run 2 gauge wires to each amp

personally i would go with 2 10"s first because its alot of bass for that small little car if u still want more then go kill yourself with the second piar of 10"s

Jerrod
Unregistered guest
I really don't listen to my music that loud. I am kind of just wanting something with "holy crap" factor to it. What kind of amp combo would you suggest. Are kicker amps very good? I adviously need a couple of very strong amps.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 433
Hold on there Isaac. I saw a video on realmofexcursion.com of Pipo Sanchez's 5 15" MT's, and they weren't shattering any windows...Loosening and moving things, yes, but no windows being shattered. And although he didn't have them all running at 2500W RMS, they were all running at at least 1200W RMS is my guess...and that would be 6000W RMS with 5 of them. Are you saying, one MT at 2500W RMS will shatter a window, but 5 of them at 1200W RMS won't?

I know you seem to know your stuff, but that doesn't seem logical in the least...

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 434
I believe Isaac is definitely right about one thing though, the entire Solobaric/SoloX lines are garbage...

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 351
Saying itll shatter your windows is subjective. A lot of different factors come into play. However, i wouldnt doubt the MT could git r done, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1029
I assumed Isaac was just being sarcastic. Comparing how the MT is MUCH better than the L7's and Solos...

And does anyone know if the new XXX is gonna be louder than the MT? (I want some new subs...)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1218
Well he DID say 'stupid loud' - lol ... so L7s will fall into that catagory thats why i said that ....

i do know never buy to them based on what i've been reading here on this forum mths nows ....... Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 70
Get one 15" MT, a huge amp, and a new alt. it will give a huge "holy crap" factor.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 254
Anything from DD's 9500 series would be good and Anything from OZ Audio's Power Series would be great

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 321
Jerrod,
Don't worry, you'll receive relatively GOOD, KNOWLEDGEABLE advice on this site if you ask the right questions and have a little patience. For better results, don't ask to many "figure it out for me" questions... "teach me questions" get MUCH better results. (Not to mention you might learn something... and THAT'S the point anyways, right? At least, for ME it was - and still is.)
Many, many people on this forum are extremely intelligent when it come to this field. I don't have to name them, because they stand out on their own. You'll see. Good luck to you, man.
But remember... each persons advice is based on fact, opinion, and circumstances as well. Realizing who's general circumstances relate to your own will help you determine whether or not you will be pleased with the outcome of their advice and opinions.

Examples:
Adam says the W34R sounds GREAT. Greatest bass he's ever heard... Wouldn't trade it for the world...
Well, does Adam like SQ or SPL?
Do YOU like SQ or SPL?
How many watts is Adam running to this sub?
How many will YOU be running?
Is this person's sub installed in a hatchback, truck, convertible, etc?
What type of cabin will YOUR sub end up in?
Did he have his enclosure sealed or ported?
What about YOU?

Sadly, all this complicated stuff really does matter. I know you probably know alot of this already, but maybe there's someone else reading right now who doesn't. At any rate, it's no big deal. Read, write, learn, decide, install, and ENJOY!!!
(It'll probably be the beginning of an ONGOING thing once you really get into it - plus, you'll more than likely upgrade or change your set up down the road anyway! But that's a good thing!!!)

The moral of this story is:

applying yourself to ANYTHING =
good

not =
bad

a sound system YOU think sounds REALLY, REALLY good in your car (or from across the street, for that matter) =
exactly what you wanted... Good for you!!

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 322
oh yeah, and in MY OPINION:
I think SPL gets a little more of a "HOLY CRAP" factor from people... at first, definately. But sit in the car, and begin to appreciate the system... SQ will be something to seriously consider. Finding YOUR happy medium is the trick.

I still haven't found mine!!! Seriously.

Hope this helps you...
or anyone out there who's reading.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 179
ya there is no way you could fit 2 solo 18's in a mustang all the cars i have seen w/ the 18 only had one 18. ( i saw one in an evo and a mini strange i know) by the time they made a huge enclosure and all the amps to power it they could only fit 1 and the weight would be ridiculous. your best bet would be to try and get the loudest single sub you could find 12 or 15" and give it a couple thousand watts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us