To Glasswolf, Isaac, Jonathan and all the other Pro's

Silver Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 128
Well you might not remember me but I have not posted anything for a while. Because I have been alittle upset.
I had my Avalanche stolen and they took.
2 Treo SSX 15
1 us amps 3000
2 sets of Diamond audio HEX
1 US amps tube amplifier and a whole lot more.
So No I have sold the truck or what was left of it.
and I have only pieces of equipment to start a new car.
This time it would be a Xterra
and This is what I have left and what would you guys us and alittle help on the design would be appreciated.

1 Treo SSX 15
1 US amps 3000
1 Hifonics Brutus 2500
1 Diamond Audio M661
1 Kicker RMB6
1 US amps 4360 TU
1 Eclipse HU 8454
and I want to do a really nice system again but I am alittle causiouse to go really nice again.
because of having to do all of the dynomating and wiring and installing and fiberglassing.
What would you guys do.

and what would you add to the current system or take away.

Plus I really dont know what kind of box to go with in a Xterra all Glass or wood or plexi and glass and wood.

Kinda bummed so looking for Ideas for inpiration.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2104
2 Treo SSX 15
1 us amps 3000

just for these three items, i wouldn't have been able to go on living.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10678
out of curiosity was the system insured, and did you have an active alarm system when the vehicle was stolen?
was anything recovered, or the thieves caught?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2168
Hey glass do you need to give the insurance company serial #s if i wanna add my system to my insurance ? I have everything installed already in my car.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 97
Hey mo where ya been?

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
Well I had a Alarm.
I did not have pictures of all of the system inplace Mercury said that they would only cover 1k because they did not have current pictures of the install.
That really made me mad so I droped them and now Im with state farm all they need are receipts.

who ever did it was good though
they did not break my locks or windows or ignition either.
Cops said them night have had a master key for Chevys.
and the alarm was cut.

That was a big loss and I that is why I am debating on the new truck and system.

I know what I want to do is go bigger and better what the hell but I am a little nervouse about it.
Got stung once Im affraid of it happening again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
The truck was recovered striped and no nothing from the system or the theives.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 167
well for security im thinking about this tell me what you think
cuttin the trunk release switch
making the hood release switch have a key to open it
hidding the alarm, siren, wires from view of under the car
is there a way so when my alarm is triggered all my doors remained locked?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4607
I thought I was seeing double. You have another thread under subs.
You almost have to install the alarm yourself to make it different from standard. That way, those crooks won't know which wire to cut. A motion sensor inside the cabin would work great.
As I mentioned in the other thread, a fence charger is the best for getting even.

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1003
When I installed my security system in my last Jeep Cherokee, I literally took the dash apart and put everything up inside. I wish someone luck cuting those wires before I come out with the baseball bat!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10684
with insurance, you need proof of ownership.
installation receipts, purchase receipts, pictures of the system, etc all help.. personally I scribe the SN# and such on the PCboards inside each amplifier and processor so if they are stolen, they can be ID'ed later. I also keep receipts and pictures, and the ins company has up to date info on everything done to the car.
some companies require a rider on the insurance to cover custom stereo systems etc, but its worth the cost.
as for an alarm system, I'm using a compustar setup now and it cuts both the ignition/starter system and the fuel delivery system, so the car isn't getting started without the keys and remote, no matter what.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
Hey Glass and Isaac thants for the tips.
About the insurance it has been a hard one to swallow.
But a expensive lesson learned.
I will check out the Compustar alarm system and see how to get one.
and once I do the new install I am taking pictures of the install in progress and detailing everything down to the wires threw digital pics.
I am not taking a bath on this again.

Is there any one here that has a good box building software. I am going to have to get creative with the new box because that Treo 15 ssx likes a lot of room for a box and I dont have the luxury of loosing all of the hatch space.
I need about 3-4 cubic feet with a 31 inch port for that beast.

What kind of components would you guys recommend also.
I like that Diamonds but they are used and I am thinking of trying something new.

Also can any one give me input on the DYNAUDIO sets.
I have seen them and one of the selling features that I was told is that they fun voice coils that are almost 3 inches in width.
Does that make a difference in how the speakers produce the sound.

Thanks for the tips so far I appreciate it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
By the way Robert that is a thoughtfull Idea. I will think about how to pull that one off.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 176
hmm isaac wats a fence charger ... lol like a tazer if you touch a certain part ?
wats a good priced alarm im not to big with them but i want those lcd keys that tell me if anyone is breakin in, and froget that remote start junk
thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 4610
Fence charger is a shocking device the farmers use to keep cows in check. If you do some search on google, you might find a video of a guy doing a demo with it. It basically freezes the person on contact. Not enough to kill or anything, but it will surely teach the crook a lesson. After he's done with the charger, even a 10 year old kid will be able to beat the crap out of him.

Land take a look at www.bcae1.com. It has a calculator for an enclosure box. I've used it with my design. Works well. If you can't spare 31" of port length, you can always make it curved. That'll save you lots of trunk space.
Dynaudio is a great brand to try. Rainbow is another. GlassWolf's friend was taking orders for it before, but thanks to couple of "azzmonches", he cancelled it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
What a bonch off azzmonches. That is a terrible thing to screw up.
Thanks I will look into it.
Hey does any one remember Robocop the movie were the guy jumps into the car and it basically frie's him with electricity. Now that would be cool.
LOL
hummm
Hey here is another question.
To set up a LCD drop down do you have to remove the whole head liner of a car or do you just drop part of it down.
I was thinking if the whole things has to come down it would be a good time to throw some dynomat in there.

Also how do you guys like the liquid sound deadners out there is there any one better than others or should I just stick with the Dynomat Xtreme.
I would also like to do the out side skin of the doors in the truck and I think it would be a pill to get in there with the sheets.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2175
HEy E good to see your still alive. Ill look for you on AIM.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1519
Be careful what you do.

There was a shop owner down here in South Florida a while back who got sick of thieves breaking into his store through a vent grate. He electrified the thing and ended up killing a burglar.

Give him a medal, right?

How bout charge and convict him of manslaughter instead.

Things can be mighty screwy in today's society.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Post Number: 4634
Had the owner put a warning sign, it would've been a different outcome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Now that is a lousy deal for the shop owner.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us