To Glasswolf Isaac Jonathan and all the other pro's

Silver Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 127
Well you might not remember me but I have not posted anything for a while. Because I have been alittle upset.
I had my Avalanche stolen and they took.
2 Treo SSX 15
1 us amps 3000
2 sets of Diamond audio HEX
1 US amps tube amplifier and a whole lot more.
So No I have sold the truck or what was left of it.
and I have only pieces of equipment to start a new car.
This time it would be a Xterra
and This is what I have left and what would you guys us and alittle help on the design would be appreciated.

1 Treo SSX 15
1 US amps 3000
1 Hifonics Brutus 2500
1 Diamond Audio M661
1 Kicker RMB6
1 US amps 4360 TU
1 Eclipse HU 8454
and I want to do a really nice system again but I am alittle causiouse to go really nice again.
because of having to do all of the dynomating and wiring and installing and fiberglassing.
What would you guys do.

and what would you add to the current system or take away.

Plus I really dont know what kind of box to go with in a Xterra all Glass or wood or plexi and glass and wood.

Kinda bummed so looking for Ideas for inpiration.

ANy help would be appreciated.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
any one else have good Ideas I open for suggestiosn.

Anonymous

when are we gonna get car alarms patched to police dispatch?

i bet then ppl would put a glass sensor on every piece of glass.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4604
Those ba$tard$ should be hung upsidedown naked.
You've got most of the parts needed to start a new system.
I'd drop the Hifonics. Doesn't go well with SQ setup.
This time, use stealth setup. Hide everything you can under a hidden compartment/covers. It can be done. Take out the spare tire and use part of that to hide amps/d blocks/wires/fuses etc.
I'd go ported and design a box that will go well with your truck, at the same time blend in with the seats.
Tint all glasses in your car, dark. If you're living in a bad neighbourhood, get a fence charger and turn it on at night. It'll work great. Any ba$tard that tries to break in, will get a shock of their life. Plus, they won't be able to get away so quickly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
Thanks for the Tips Issac. I will be really carefull and thoughtfull about the new install.
As far as the fence I wish I could I live in a apartment complex so that would be hard. I would love to do that though. as far as alarms what is a good one to have and this time I am going to wire it to the spare battery not the front one only.
Any Ideas.
Plus is there any one here that has a good box building software. I am going to have to get creative with the new box because that Treo 15 ssx likes a lot of room for a box and I dont have the luxury of loosing all of the hatch space.
I need about 3-4 cubic feet with a 31 inch port for that beast.

What kind of components would you guys recommend also.
I like that Diamonds but they are used and I am thinking of trying something new.

Also can any one give me input on the DYNAUDIO sets.
I have seen them and one of the selling features that I was told is that they fun voice coils that are almost 3 inches in width.
Does that make a difference in how the speakers produce the sound.

Thanks for the tips so far I appreciate it.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3850
Dang that's a lot of crap you lost. I hope your insurance covered it? If they didn't you should blow up the company hq, haha. I swear, insrance is THE biggest crock of $hit nowadays.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4614
Land, read your other post.
Insurance and banks make the most profits here in Canada. Gas companies of course are the #1 ba$tard$ in the planet.

Land, you can use the fence charger in your car as long as you install it correctly. All it needs is a ground. You can attach one end to your car's chassis, and have the ground wire hook up from the bottom of the car to a metal post. If you don't have that, you can make yourself one in your parking space. You can then remotely turn on and off the charger. Just don't drink and get a hangover. You might shock yourself in the morning.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4615
One more thing, if you can't/don't have access to a ground, then you can build a pattern on your car that's a live wire and a ground near anywhere a crook might touch. For example, on the door handle, sub box, amp rack etc. Then if a person touches with their bare hands, they'll get a high voltage shock. If you have this setup with your alarm, then you will catch the ba$tard cause he won't be able to let go/move.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
Hey Jo.

They offered me 1000.00 I am still fighting them on that.
They said I did not have any pictures of the truck and they did not either so how can I prove that I had all of that equipment in there.
I am fighting a loosing battle with them right now.
Hell the 2 subs are more than what they are giving me and that is with out the US Amps that was powering them.
Dude it was a huge hit for me.
U know the funny thing was that I was actually trying to sell some of this stuff cause I had my first baby coming and I finally convinced the wife to let me keep everything.
I installed it all and 6 months later well U know the rest.
This really blows A@@.
Over all I am looking at around 4 grand in looses.
Install, equipment. Time. Mods to the doors and enclosures for the speakers. hell they even took the Kick Pods that I had made for the avalanche.
The funny thing is that the broke that backs of them when they ripped them out so they are use less now.

Any ways Im getting pissed off again. I will step before I get banned from this site for cursing.

Thanks for the responces and Keep the ideas comming. I will post the pictures of the progress as I go and let u see what I decided to do.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4620
Just remember this, what goes around comes around. That IS the law of nature.
The only bad part of that is, you don't always get to see justice being done, unless you're really lucky.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3066
Lol yeah.
Sorry man, that sucks.
Sounds like you've already got another nice set up going.
Good luck.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3067
Isaac, where do you come up with the antitheft ideas?
There awsome!
*do you smell something burning?*

Gold Member

Post Number: 4622
Well half of the ideas are from my personal experience. :-)
You see, I was changing a broken wire on a broken neon bulb in my car. Since it operated at 12v, it couldn't hold much charge. Well was I ever wrong! The freaking little light had a voltage converter! I accidently touched both wires and got a shock. It kinda numbs your muscles so that you can't move. Luckly my will power was stronger and I was able to move my shoulder. I think if the voltage was any higher, even my shoulder would've been frozen.
I've also seen videos of guys playing with high voltage. I can't believe they would actually do it on purpose just to demonstrate their fence charger product. I don't think the guy got even paid much for it too.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3966
lol isaac your nuts bro lol. Hey Land man sorry you got all your stuff jacked, thats never any fun. This time take pic's of everything to be safe against the other thieves the insurance companies. You pretty much got robbed twice once by the thieves and once by the insurance companies. well sounds like you are on your way to another nice system so good luck man.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3075
Yeah... my dad got shocked by 220A lets just say he didn't move.
For a second we couldn't figure out what was rong with him.
Luckaly, when he fell, his boddy weight was enough to jurk his hand off.
He couldn't even talk for a few seconds... he was just shaking.
I'm sure he wouldn't do it again... no matter how much you tried to pay him.:-)
Some people just aren't that smart.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3967
1/2 an amp is enough to kill you if the voltage is high enough.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3077
Yeah, I don't know the exact power, but it says 220A...
You know the Diesel pumps... one of those.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4623
Here's a good tip when working with high voltage. Stand on one leg on a slanted floor. Then if you accidently get shocked, it'll cause your body to lose balance. That will be the only way your muscles will let go. Of course you can always have a wife/gf stand by with a broom and wack you.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3078
Lol hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3854
I was younger and working with my dad at my grandpa's digging holes for trees. It was a new house and the guys had marked the phone line wrong, and we hit it while digging a hole. My dad tells me to reach in and see what it was, because there shouldn't have been any lines there or anything..... I didn't realize phone lines carried a current of any substantial size....

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3083
Hmmm, I didn't either.
Now I know.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us