POLK MOMO C.500.1

Username: Chevytruck_96

Az

Post Number: 1
Will this amp with a 5 farad cap be able to power a JL W7 to the point that the W7 will sound good note i have corrected the amp so that clipping will not occur (already blew A MOMO 12 DVC prob due to this. NOT TO HAPPY) using a meter and i have a half din 7 band eq on the system i have been told to make a box at 1.14 sealed at 41 hz it is going to be squeezed under rear seat of a 96 chevy fullsize extra cab

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4596
What is your budget for the amp? Tuning the port to 41Hz is not a wise move. For W7, it should be around 25Hz - 30Hz.

Username: Chevytruck_96

Az

Post Number: 2
when you say budget what do you mean by budget. Are you talking in buying another amp because i blew my wad on the sub and i dont want to go that way since this amp puts the same as a JL 500/1. As in specs on the amp it runs on spec 300 watts@ 4ohms rms and 500 watts@ 2 ohms it is a 2 ohm stable amp. at the factory, at 14.4 volts is was said to produce 550 watts at 2 ohms another test showed a jump from 607 to 691 with only .9 Volts dont know the starting volts. The amp conceals well in tight spaces the shitey part is that the W7 runs on a single 3 ohm coil. As for the box im going with a sealed no room for a vented an installer told me "I would consider a sealed box for it if you wanted to keep your seats. One cubic foot (1.14 with driver displacement) yields a Qtc of 0.87 and an F3 of 41hz. That should be more than enough for a pickup cab.

The woofer can be down/upfired if you needed to do so." Maybe i worded things wrong if so i apologize i need ideas for the setup i cant find pics with people doing custom sub installs without taking the seats and not using Q LOGIC boxes. I had put a box in the side panel for a momo ten and it was just shy of being deep enough 9 inchs total depth. This box has to be alittle over 10 inches and height wise no go for Volume needed but the ten didnt fill the truck enough. a vented box yields 2.6 cubic feet no way that will fit in my truck ever unless that seat comes out and i dont want to go there. I know someone has done this without extracting the seat just havnt found the pics yet
thanks again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us