Going rrreeaallllyy low

Anonymous

I'm thinking of getting a 15" Sony simply because it's specs say it supposedly hits down to 15Hz(looking more at sound quality than SPL, plus they go for under 150). Anyone know anything for under $400-500(or hell I'll save up past a grand if i have to) that can play music that low and clearly?

Anonymous

one tip dont buy sony....their subs just suck

Stranger
Unregistered guest
Get JL Audio 13.5 W7. It will blow your mind if you put 1000 watts to it.

Anonymous

ya want a real sub???

get a 15" adire brahma and put it in a vented box tuned to 30 hz.....better yet get 2!!

WOW.....just WOW!!!

Stranger
Unregistered guest
Yeah, Adire Brahma is a BADAZZ too. I wouldn't mess with Sony

Anonymous

Alright it sounds like no Sony. I was planning on eventually putting in a 15" Stroker with it, and the 13W7 would take an extra month or so to save money for. Anyone think there would be a problem with both at once? Also on the CW site they only put up specs for ported Strokers, but I'm not entering any competitions(SQ remember), so I really want a simple(albeit large) sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1859
why bother mixing subs?
if you want two and want max output, get two of the same good sub..
the brahma or 13W7 is a good choice.
the sony is crap.

If you go with the 13W7s, be prepared to spend more for the amps as well. Each sub will need a JL 1000/1 to power it.
The subs are DVC, 3 Ohms per coil.
However, with two 13W7s, and two 1000/1 amps, I don't think anyone is going to mess with you.
That's an amazing sort of setup to go with in most vehicles with the proper enclosure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us