Connecting Double Voice Coil?

Audiox
Unregistered guest
Can I connect each output(rear leaft&right) to each voice coil?
This is the way I can get the most out of my amp, is it ok?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 252
Connect each coil in parallel (+_+,-_-) and then wire on + to + on one channel and one - to - on the other channel. This puts the sub and its lowest possible impedance level and then you are bridging the amp channels to get more power out of your amp.

More power (Bridged) + lower impedance = MORE power.

just make sure your amp can take a 2 or 1 ohm mono load depending on what your sub coils are.

Bronze Member
Username: Aooo

Post Number: 65
Thanks mike
That is the problem
My amp will not be 1 ohm stable.
And the sub is a double 2Ohm voice coils
Parallel is not possible for me
Series is not good 4Ohms 300Wrms and my amp only puts out like 150Wrms bridged on 4 Ohms
Thats why I asked if I can connect each voice coil at 2 Ohm to each of my amps outputs thus gaining the most of my amp with this sub.
Will it work?

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1088
Thats not really recommended but if you have then yes you can. Your gonna have to make sure the gains are matched as closely as possible.

Username: N3wb

Post Number: 1
Can some1 come up with a diagram to wire up 2 Pioneer TS-W306 12" Dual Voice Coils to an Bazooka RS Series 2 Channel 150 watt High Current Amp, which is 1 ohm stable... the subs are 4 Ohms each , if any1 can help me with this, i wonder if iam underpowering them? ...thanks :-)

AMP specs are ,

Voltage 10.5-14.4
Channels 2
Frequency Response 20-20000
Fuse 80
Crossover yes
Protection Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload
Max Power Output 750 w
Power @ 4 OHM 300x1@4 ohms(mono)
Power @ 2 OHM 600x1@2 ohms (mono)
Power @ 1 OHM 300x2@1 ohm (stereo)
Signal To Noise Ratio >90db
Battery Voltage Range 10.5-14.4
Crossover Range 20Hz-22KHz
Bass EQ YES
Remote Control optional
RCA Input YES

and the sub specs are,
Max. Power : 1000W
Nominal Power : 500W
Speaker Size : 30 cm
Impedance : 4 OHMS
Sensitivity : 89 dB/W (1 m)
Frequency Response : 18-2,000 Hz
Gross Weight : 6.99 kg / 15 lb 7 0z
Interlaced Aramid Fiber Reinforced IMPP Cone
Dual Mass High Power Magnet
3-Layer, Fiber Woven Radial Surround
Extended Excursion Design

Post Number: 2
Upload
Upload

alright this what the calc gave me, wat do u guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 115
you need a bigger amp , no mater what your only gonna be putting in 150 watts rms to each sub

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1138
I own a pair of those 306 Pioneers & they sound dull on low power but with rec power(400wrms) they rock pretty good - so i'd say get a new amp ...

For anybody who wants to know how to wire in whatever config
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1156
"Can I connect each output(rear leaft&right) to each voice coil?
This is the way I can get the most out of my amp, is it ok?"

as i stated a few posts back "that will be fine. no problem. The dynamic fields of each coil are the same. They generate one single force equal to the sum of the two individual forces, which pushes against the magnet's static field."

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
Ok so actually each time there is a low note in either left or right then I'm just pushing with that 1 channel?
If the Sub is rated to 300Wrms then it doesn't meen that its 150 to each voice coil?
With connecting the way stated in the question then I actually need 300Watts per Voice Coil?

Post Number: 3
Well that sucks...i dont wanna get a new amp :-( :-(

Post Number: 4
ahh wtf ..i dont even understand that wiring diagram..this sucks...i cant afford a new amp GHEY!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
Hijacker :-)
Mikechec9 still here?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1163
what is your amp/sub model?

Post Number: 5
lol sorry didnt mean to hijack :\

whos amp/sub model?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 155
I have a dual voice coil 4ohm per coil sub and i got it going neg neg and pos pos and then neg and pos from that sub to the box terminals and from there neg pos into one channel in amp and then same for other sub but im wondering now whats up with the NEG NEG and POS POS in seperate channels? So your meaning to say put 2post in one chann slot and 2 neg in one channel slot? Or is that only for one sub?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 156
And to further understand this myamp can handle a 2ohm load and bridge load at 4ohms.

2ohm its 500RMS x 2
4ohm its 300RMS x 2
4ohm bridge its 1200watt x 1

Right now from what i know im running the 2ohm load is that okay :S?

If so bro you have nothing to worry do as ive said and youll be fine.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
"as i stated a few posts back "that will be fine. no problem. The dynamic fields of each coil are the same. They generate one single force equal to the sum of the two individual forces, which pushes against the magnet's static field."

Ok so actually each time there is a low note in either left or right then I'm just pushing with that 1 channel?
If the Sub is rated to 300Wrms then it doesn't meen that its 150 to each voice coil?
With connecting the way stated in the question then I actually need 300Watts per Voice Coil?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
"I have a dual voice coil 4ohm per coil sub and i got it going neg neg and pos pos and then neg and pos from that sub to the box terminals and from there neg pos into one channel in amp and then same for other sub but im wondering now whats up with the NEG NEG and POS POS in seperate channels? So your meaning to say put 2post in one chann slot and 2 neg in one channel slot? Or is that only for one sub?"

no, as you've stated, in your case you are better off with the 2ohm wiring as you have it.
i was explaing that it is possible to simply attach the neg of one channel directly to the neg of one vc and the positive of the same channel to the positive of the same vc, then doing the same for the second vc with the second channel of the amp. in your case resulting in a 4ohm load/300 watts per vc.

"Ok so actually each time there is a low note in either left or right then I'm just pushing with that 1 channel?"

a low note in left or right what?

"then I'm just pushing with that 1 channel?"

i stated that the two channels are feeding the two vc's wound around the former (1 ch/vc), resulting in one force field pushing against that of the magnet (on the motor structure). thus moving your cone forward/backward.
if the polarities were not the same from channel one to channel two, then they would NOT combine to equal one force. the TWO different forces would actually cancel each other out, resulting in no force and no subsequent movement of the cone at all .

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 158
But if its one SUB to a 2 channel then i should do the 2 negs 2 one channel and 2 pos to one channel right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
nope, generally you bridge the 2 channels into 1 and the n you connect that 1 channel to the sub.
If your amp doesn't support bridging then I guess you can do that only if you have the same signal coming into each channel at exactly the same gain... which might be impossible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
"But if its one SUB to a 2 channel then i should do the 2 negs 2 one channel and 2 pos to one channel right?"

correct. that would be wiring the sub in parallel, resulting in a 2ohm laod.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1167
but for only one channel. connect two neg of the subs and send them to the neg of one channel. then connect both pos of the sub and send them to the pos of the same amp channel.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 159
Thats what my visonik 1250rms watt 12" sub is and thats what my lanzar vibe 248 puts out at 4ohms bridge 1200x1 but at 2ohms and x 2 it puts out 500rms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us