Help with amp.

Username: Zx2vt

Vermont

Post Number: 7
i just recently bought a kenwood KAC-8101d 1000W amp and i am triing to hook it up. i have ran all the wires and when i turn on the system the power light comes on, on the amp but i am not getting any sound out of my subs. i have checked and recheck all the wiring. everything seams to be hooked up right. any help or segestions on what might be wrong would be greatly apretiated.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 273
Sounds like it could be your RCA's. Try a different set. And the light on it, it's a steady light, not flashing or a diff color than normal? Also, have you had this amp working in the past?

Username: Zx2vt

Vermont

Post Number: 8
brand new tsunami RCA's and i tried another set i had laying around. Light is solid and normal color. i just bought the amp from a friend and he said it worked when it was last in his car.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4594
With your amp on and subs connected, unhook the rca from the HU. Then turn on the amp and lightly touch the rca cable with your finger. It should cause some humming noise. If you hear that, then your amp and rca cables are good.
If you hear nothing, then your speaker wires are cut or loose.

Username: Braddah_ben

Post Number: 1
I am having the same symptoms as your amp. Have you found out what the problem is? If I disconnect the speaker wires and hook them up to the deck they all work fine.

I just cant get sound out of my amp. I also notice the power light blinking. Any info is appriciated. colonialracing@hotmail.com

B
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us