Audiobahn AW102T Vs. PHOENIX GOLD Ti10 Titanium 10"?

Username: Tafkam

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am new to the subwoofer game and right now I have two Bazooks 1024 10 inch, however they are 4 ohm duel voice coil, and I just got installed a Memphis ST 500 mono amp, and the installer told me to get the most out of this amp, I should either get 2 2ohm duel voice coils or 2 single 4 ohms, so they could wire it up to have a 2 ohm load on the amp, which will run at 500 watts rms X1. Now, I am on a limited budget and on eBay I found both the Audiobahn and the Phoenix Gold models for about the same price, both are 4 ohm single voice coils. Can anyone give me an opionion as to which is better quality or sound? Also, I am open to other brands as well, these are the only ones I found in the price range of about $100 to $130 plus shipping, I don't want cheap stuff, just something in this price range for two 10 inch sube. I really would appreciate any advice!!!

Thanks
Mike
Dayton, OH

dude
Unregistered guest
You can wire up your subs you have now in parallel and get a 2ohm load. Just wire all the posatives together and the negatives together. If you have duel 4ohm speakers. That will work.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 18
dude...you cant get a 2 ohm load out of two dvc 4 ohm subs!!!!...nope...just cant

you can get a 4 or a 1 ohm load though!

as for the subs your looking at...audiobahn is total crap...forget they even exist!!!

i dont know much about PG...

if the amp puts out 500 watts @ 2 ohms...i would say you sould get something like a pair of kicker compVR 10's (dvc 2ohm) and wire em in series-parallel....that would give you a 2 ohm load...

the kickers are good and you can get em on ebay for about $150 per pair shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1867
Memphis has nice amps.
Audioblah is crap.
PG has nice subs for the price.. not great, but nice.
you need two 4 Ohm SVC or 2+2 DVC subs.
Only way to get a 2 Ohm load with two subs on a mono amp.

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 2
OK, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and it sounds like I should stay away from the Audiobohn subs. Again, my amp is a Memphis ST 500D mono, and it is stable at both 4 and 2 ohms, so I just wanted to double check, I should either get two 2 ohm Dual VC or two 4 ohm Single voice coil to put a 2 ohm load on the amp???? Any other brands I should condider besides Kicker or Phoenix, two 10 inch subs for around $150.00 max. OR, if it really would make a difference I could just hold off and save up a little. How about the $100 each price range any recommendations on a 10"???

Thanks again

Dayton, Oh

Post Number: 3
What about these: 2 Rockford Fosgate 10" Subwoofers Subs HX2 2ohms DVC

Any opinions on if these are any good? Looks like I could get two of these for around $220 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1890
two subs, you want DVC 2+2
dual 2 ohm coils
that'll result in a 2 ohm mono load
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us