Kicker l7 vs. MTX 8500

Bronze Member
Username: Bp317

Post Number: 11
aight, i have been pretty set on the 12" l7's for a while, but lately i have been thinking about the mtx 8500 12"s. i want to get 2 of them. Which would have better sql? which would hit harder? would the mtx's have more efficiency since its RMS is lower? thanks

Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 5
From what I have heard on people at this board:
l7 is a stricly SPL sub, it has horrible SQ and has weak points since it is a square sub, which causes it to break and such. As far as SPL I think the l7 will have a bigger one.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 173
ya what he said and the MtX will sound much better it will way a good clear sound the 9500 however i would bet to be louder then an L7. The L7 are overrated on loudness i've heard them many times and they aren't that extremely loud like people say they are.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4588
You haven't heard loud till you listen to couple of RE MTs.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 254
Non-linearity at high excursion and cone flex arnt exactly attributes of a SQL sub. However the greater surface area appeals to most consumers for an SPL sub. If you want the least bit of SQ in your car dont get it. If you dont care, than get it.

Some have said the reliability is poor, however some say they havent had any problems (hmmm).

Just get the MT like Isaac said or an SX. Theyll get the job done.

Bronze Member
Username: Mtxaudiouser

Post Number: 37
my friend has a 12" L7 with kicker 600.1 amp in a special ported box and i think its only a little louder than when he ran 200 watts to 2 Kewood Typhoons!
i heard a mtx 7500 with 250 watts to it that beat a L7 easily

Bronze Member
Username: Bp317

Post Number: 12
so would the 8500's get nearly as loud as the L7's? cause i want the 8500's more because they would be more reliabe, but i also want my subs to get really loud.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 176
ya they will get nearly as loud. they will be close in loudness but will sound way better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us