Interference from subs

Username: Fordaz

Post Number: 1
I've recently installed two Sony Xplod subs in my boot and I'm getting some seriously annoying interference through them.

Every time I use something electrical on the car there's a buzzing through the speakers, and it's worse when I start the engine.

Even when I run a CD, you can hear the noise of the CD spinning up through the speakers.

Is there anything I can install in-line to stop the noises? I've tried re-routing wiring away from electrical sources, but it there's only so many places I can run them... there's the same interference always.

At first I thought it was because I was running two 1200w subs of a single 1600w amp, but i've tried running just the one in mono and it has the same problem.

The noise is less when I turn the amp output down, but then it defeats the point of the speakers.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

ground loop isolator

Username: Fordaz

Post Number: 2
Where can I pick one up? Halfords?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10654
re-ground the amplifier.
re-ground the ehad unit
turn down the gain on the amplifier

those are a few starters

Username: Soundtech26

Chilliwack, BC Canada

Post Number: 9
Your alternator may be a source of the annoying buzzing. Diode failure is a major cause of noise as the power supply becomes dirtier then it was before. Installation of a high power diode on the alternator can clean up some of this distortion and the use of an inline choke with capacitors in parallel with the battery can help this. You may have overworked your alterator by adding this system to your car and the added heat due to overworking your alternator has caused the diode failure. Grounding all of the audio accesories to a single point is also a very good idea to avoid transient flow of voltage due to high impedance grounds. Keep it loud and clean from canada peace out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us