Budget amp for 2 12" RE se

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 56
i have only around 700 dollars to spend on subs and an amp....I for sure want RE SE so that is like 350 gone right there.....what would be a decent amp to power the se's for around 350 with shipping? I had a few amps in mind that might not be under 350 shipped but from what i hear are decent
1.RE 12.1
2.eD Nine
3. Orion 1200d
4.MMats D1500.1
5.Memphis PRD 1000.1
6.kicker Kx 1200.1
7.Mb quart RAA1000
8.JBL 1200.1

any suggestion on any others or recomendations on any of these? I can splurge a few dollars on an amp and want a nice amp to run these
Thanks Eric

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1087
All totally excellent choices - u can't go wrong with any them . Looks wise : the Orion is d best looking but me i'd buy the MMATS - i cannot get over the fact of how small , UNDERRATED & powerful this amp is & i saw its higher rated than any1 of those brands ....

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 106
yes mmats, we finally agreeg Rovin there amps are highly underrated, there D15001 puts out like about 200 more rms than rated at, imo

Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 6
I use the PRD1000.1 and its a nice amp! I believe it does 1250 rms..
It comes with 4x 30a fuses that you can change to 4x 40a fuses for an extra 250 rms!
I got mine with the 40 amp fuses.
You can remove that chrome piece off the top, with 6 alen screws. It looks better all black pearl!

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1097
Well Eddie - its about time we did ! - LOL
Upload
I'd say prolly les than 10 ppl on this forum even heard of that brand cause all that's ever mentioned is Alpine ,Orion ,Rf, Kicker .....

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 164
ive heard of mmats ... to bad i only heard there lowest 12"s the 400 rms ones but they sounded pretty nice accually

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 346
Where did you find the mmats for only 350? The cheapest i can find the 1500.1 is 750.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1118
this is the only place i've seen em online besides ebay

http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=377

$530

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 348
o sorry thats what i meant. 550.lol

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 110
im looking for an amp for 2 10" SE's also, i was looking at a 12.1, kicker kx12001, and the ednine.1, but i havent looked at any of the names mentioned above. if anyone could give me any input on which would be best, it would be helpful. from what ive been told by a few ppl they said the 12.1 but i heard the 12.1 doesnt have a cooling fan like the ED does, does that mean the amp would overheat often because it will be in daily use

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1125
Well i think that kicker's engineers know what they are doing - lol

BTW - out of all amps above i checked prices & JBL is the cheapest ......

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 268
Only thing about the mmats... Ouch... Input sensitivity only goes up to 2.5 volts... That could cause some issues... A lot of the desireable head units out there put out more than 2.5 volts.

Seth

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1129
Oooooh that detailed i skipped over - hopefully the guy's HU is a lower model voltage model - lol

or he'll just have to keep the HU's volume level LOW ......

Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 8
LOL.
The Memphis amp has fans also, its in the dead center of the motherboard. The motherboard is in the dead middle of the amp itself, not the bottom! So the fan sucks air from the top of motherboard to the bottom of the board. It keeps the air moving through both sides of it.
But you dont have to need a fan you know!

Bronze Member
Username: Youngblood

Post Number: 57
I was looking at buying a alpine CDa 9847 so i think it will work with the mmats......and i know its a spendy amp but thats why i was thinking i might have to splurge a little....but i was thinking thats any of those should work but i was just looking for another persons opinion.....i was also thinking about getting an old MTX 1501d and modding it so it can be run 1 ohm stable and itll put out 2200 rms....even tho i dont need that much by any means...i can later upgrade to some X.X.X or maybe a couple brahmas:p

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1161
Its best to buy the very best amp u can so u won't have to worry about it later on ...

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 169
i have a job interview at circuit city saturday so if i get the job i can get car audio wholesale so im going to see how cheap i can get a kicker 1200.1 and a 200.2
how cheap u think i can get them ?
also they sell infiniti should how are there components?

Bronze Member
Username: Vai4me

Michigan USA

Post Number: 42
I have heard that their Kappa/Kappa Perfect components are good but I'd stay away from anything under that. This is not in my personal experience just from what I've heard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us